Adidas Terrex tracerocker question- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Jul 2016

Adidas Terrex tracerocker question

Are the treads on this shoe too deep to ride with flats? These shoes are super comfortable, but I ride the rough front range of Colorado, so grip is crucial. My go to pair are freerider VXI's.

Sent from my G8141 using Tapatalk

9 lives
    If you're riding with platform pedals, whatever shoes are most comfortable for you are the ones you should ride. But there are advantages to other brands. With platform riding you have to check that the sole pattern is compatible with your pedals. The best platform pedal shoes are skate-shoe style like 5-10 or Vans. You can't go wrong with any 5-10 rubber. The unbelievably sticky and stiff sole helps with power transfer, stealth rubber will not slide off. I don't find the 5-10 as comfy especially if I have to walk much in them (like when I'm doing trail maintenance)

I sometimes wear Salomon hiking shoes and my hubby sometimes wears his Adidas trail runner shoes which are ok but the soles aren't as stiff and as the 5-10. I sometimes loose grip with the hiking shoes.

BTW I have Canfield's and they rock
    F*ck Cancer

Eat your veggies

mtbr member
    Dec 2016
    Adidas Trail Cross is a better bet being bike specific, with Stealth rubber. Having said that I currently ride some similarly knobby Adidas Terex variant that seems to work ok. I will likely get into some Trail Cross' when I can find them

mtbr member
    Jul 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by MozFat View Post
    Adidas Trail Cross is a better bet being bike specific, with Stealth rubber. Having said that I currently ride some similarly knobby Adidas Terex variant that seems to work ok. I will likely get into some Trail Cross' when I can find them
    Yeah, no kidding on the trail cross. I don't realIy like the looks of the ones I can get online... And I have 5 10s that I like for most rides anyway. Just looking for something with less bulk.

I decided to keep these shoes as they're crazy comfortable, but I pedaled around town yesterday for a bit, and I don't think I'll like them on my pedals when I am cranking up hill.

mtbr member
    Jan 2014
    Those are a really nice looking shoe. Seems the only colour that can be purchased on line is the brown/olive.
    2016 Rocky Mountain Thunderbolt BC Edition
    2017 Rocky Mountain Blizzard -50
    2015 Giant Fastroad

mtbr member
    Jul 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by Rocky Mtn View Post
    Those are a really nice looking shoe. Seems the only colour that can be purchased on line is the brown/olive.
    DSW FTW. I agree, the online selection is generally weak, plus I will always buy in store before ordering online.

mtbr member
    Jul 2016
    For anyone that cares, I've now ridden these a few times, and I must say... The grip is quite good. There's a pinch of movement available on the pedal, which is nice if you need to adjust your placement, but not so much that it feels like you'll slip.

I havent done any really tough tech climbing yet, but I feel as sure-footed on these as I do on the 5 10's.

mtbr member
    Mar 2011
    Generally deeps lugs aren't as good for use on flats. But it really depends on how soft the rubber is and how good of a bite you get.
    Everyone is entitled to my opinion.