Adidas Plush Shoes... Help...- Mtbr.com
    "Its All Good"

Adidas Plush Shoes... Help...

Have been looking for these shoes for ages.... Worked out why there is no info on the Adidas website, these are made by Mavic whom pay a license to Adidas... This was talking to the Mavic dudes at the WC in Vallnord...

Anyway, found some in a LBS in Vallnord....

Has anyone got these mtb shoes... Did you cut the cleat area out to open it up so to speak...

I ride in Sidi Dragons, but they are getting focked on rocky all day rides etc, so want some soft sole type shoes that I can clamber up rocks etc etc...

Any help is much appreciated

Some pics so it may help with my blonde question...
    Attached Images Attached Images
    The_Lecht_Rocks: whafe - cheeers - may i offer an official apology for the wagon wheeler "dis-belief"

BrassBalled DropbarNinja
    no exerience with them but damn those look like driving shoes... hahahahahaha...

ps : Mr.Blonde is watching... XD

mtbr member
    Most clipless shoes have a little piece you have to cut out like that.

mtbr member
    I have them. I got them from GO-RIDE.com.
    I am pretty happy with them.
    They are very breathable. They have a quick pull/ lock lace that you tuck under the tongue flap and velcro closed.
    The black material around the ankle is something like neoprene and acts more like a gator.
    I did have to cut back some of the sole around the clip. Just a nice 45deg taper away from the clip. But I always do it and just did it before I ever used the shoe.

BrassBalled DropbarNinja
    how are those shoes for hiking? the threads look very smooth...

"Its All Good"
    Thanks all for the help. I have not yet ever had SPD type shoes where I have had to cut out the little piece for want of a better word...

Am sure these will be not bad to hike a bike with, better than my Sidi's, go through replaceable souls like a whores draws......
    The_Lecht_Rocks: whafe - cheeers - may i offer an official apology for the wagon wheeler "dis-belief"

mtbr member
    I haven't had an issue hiking in the shoes. Keep in mind I am not bouldering in them.
    I know the tread isn't as aggressive as the tread on say the Lake MX190's. But so far I have been able to do what I need to do without complaint.

As far as cutting the sole, I just cut the sole back at a 45 deg angle for more clearance. I use large Shimano DX 646 pedals.

Ricky DH
    This may or may not be related to a problem you may or may not have . . . maybe.

I ride DH with the Addidas Hemotoma and I love them, they are very similar to these shoes, just more armored. Any way, the metal SPD plate that comes with the shoes was very soft a couple of the threads stripped out. I actually lost one of my clips on the mtn, and had to buy a new one. Another time, the cleat actually came out and got stuck in the pedal. I've since changed out the metal plates to some better ones and havent' had the problem again.

No, I wasn't over tighting them, the metal is just inferior or something. I saw a group of 4 riders on Porcupine Rim about a month ago, and several of them were having the same problem. In fact one guy said that one of the holes didn't even have threads. It's not a big deal, but something you might think about. Other than that issue, I love the shoes!

"Its All Good"
    Appreciate the feedback.....

Still it is seeming odd in my mind to have to trim back the sole to add the cleats in.

trimming to achieve space for the actual pedal does not seem odd...

??????

jones'in
    I've got a pair of Pearl Izumi X-Alps that I had to cut the sole out of. Same thing on a pair of Sette Enduro. Pretty standard, I think, for softer soled SPD compatible shoes.

You might want to check out the Pearl Izumi X-Alp too. It's super breathable, has a softer sole and is SPD compatible. I've been very happy with mine. Never used these shoes you've asked about specifically, but they seem like they might not breath as well.....

--Ben
    \m/ (>.<) \m/
    For Sale: Revox ISX 10.5x3.5

Takw/agranofsalt
    Jan 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Whafe
    Still it is seeming odd in my mind to have to trim back the sole to add the cleats in.
    Nah, it's pretty common. I've done it to a couple of shoes. Sometimes they are pre-cut but glued it, it's just a matter of pulling it off.

mtbr member
    Appreciate the feedback.....

trimming to achieve space for the actual pedal does not seem odd...

??????
    Sorry, I mistook your question about cutting the sole. I did not have to cut the sole to remove the SPD plug. Just a pliers or something to pull it off. I did however trim back some of the sole for more clearance with my pedals.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by venom600
    I've got a pair of Pearl Izumi X-Alps that I had to cut the sole out of. Same thing on a pair of Sette Enduro. Pretty standard, I think, for softer soled SPD compatible shoes.

You might want to check out the Pearl Izumi X-Alp too. It's super breathable, has a softer sole and is SPD compatible. I've been very happy with mine. Never used these shoes you've asked about specifically, but they seem like they might not breath as well.....

--Ben

Make no mistake, Those Addidas Plush are highly breathable. You can see right through the sides and those white stripes on the tongue flap are some kind of mesh.
    Last edited by wormvine; 06-02-2008 at 12:13 PM.

"Its All Good"
    this is SPD plug (good description) is in good and proper, pliers will not pull this puppy out.... Odd, dont want to feel like I am cutting right through so to speak.... MMmmm thinking thinking

jones'in
    this is SPD plug (good description) is in good and proper, pliers will not pull this puppy out.... Odd, dont want to feel like I am cutting right through so to speak.... MMmmm thinking thinking
    On my Settes, I really had to work at it to get the 'plug' out. It was glued directly to the hard plastic insole. So, after tracing the rubber plug with a utility knife, I had to tug and pull to detach the rubber bit from the hard plastic.

The Pearl Izumis 'plug' attached to the sole with SPD screws. Removal was a snap.

--Ben
    \m/ (>.<) \m/
    For Sale: Revox ISX 10.5x3.5

"Its All Good"
    Quote Originally Posted by venom600
    On my Settes, I really had to work at it to get the 'plug' out. It was glued directly to the hard plastic insole. So, after tracing the rubber plug with a utility knife, I had to tug and pull to detach the rubber bit from the hard plastic.

The Pearl Izumis 'plug' attached to the sole with SPD screws. Removal was a snap.

--Ben
    Hear you on that, got one out.... Am traveling and in a hotel at the moment, so doing it with some nail scissors, not a good buzz. Will sort out a craft knife or something...

Pretty clued on still, they are going to leak like sieves though, not a real waterproof set up like my Sidi´s....

Anyway, looking forward to some soft type soul shoes for more long long rides where some walking and hike a bike takes place....

mtbr member
    661 filters, Peaty wears em!

Members who have read this thread: 0