?? about saddle and gloves- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Jun 2010

?? about saddle and gloves

New to mtbs's and need a new saddle and gloves. Did a search and didnt really bring up any helpful info. What do i need to look for when buying a saddle and who makes good gloves?

Rogue Warrior&Anarchist
    I had a problem trying to find a good saddle until I found the WTB Rocket V saddle. Comfortable on long rides and cheap too.

For gloves I use mechanics gloves with rubber on palm side and cotton on other side. Gloves
    mountain biking is not a crime, so quit giving me dirty looks before I bunnyhop your car

mtbr member
    Never get the 2 confused. it will make for a miserable riding experience.
    2011 Niner EMD
    Wounds Heal, Chicks dig scars, Glory lasts FOREVER!

mtbr member
    Apr 2010
    i use my mizuno batting gloves and they work great, just untill i find some i like. Its been a few times where my hand slips due to the sweat.

Pimpmobile
    Mar 2010
    I use Mechanix M-Pact gloves if I know I'm bound to come off the bike during a ride... like kevlar for yourr hands!

Fox Dirtpaws for the daily rides... very comfortable!

I'm breaking in a new Selle Italia Shiver Gel Flow saddle right now, seems to be going well for me.
    "Fear not the ob-stackles in your path"

too cold to ride
    Quote Originally Posted by G35_jon
    i use my mizuno batting gloves and they work great, just untill i find some i like. Its been a few times where my hand slips due to the sweat.
    Nice. I use Under Armour receiver gloves I picked up on sale at eBay.
    Now go home and get your ******* shinebox.

mtbr member
    So what we're trying to say here, is that any kind of glove with a tacky/padded palm would be good?

Any recommendations for those of us in warmer/ungodly hot areas?

mtbr member
    Dec 2007
    All the major manufacturers make decent saddles. The issue is finding the one that fits your A$$ best. The only way to know is to try 'em until you find the one you like. See if your LBS will let you demo or use competitive cyclist's demo saddle program.

Gloves, slightly tight with a bit of palm padding, plenty of good ones, once again it's all about fit.

David B.

AZ
    banned
    Quote Originally Posted by davidbeinct
    All the major manufacturers make decent saddles. The issue is finding the one that fits your A$$ best. The only way to know is to try 'em until you find the one you like. See if your LBS will let you demo or use competitive cyclist's demo saddle program.

Gloves, slightly tight with a bit of palm padding, plenty of good ones, once again it's all about fit.

David B.

Just to add the Specialized fit system , get your sit bones measured for a perfect saddle fit .

mtbr member
    The problem with saddle and glove recommendations is that they are for my body.

I might love a certain saddle and your butt hates it.

At least gloves you can try on, but most saddles you have to buy and try.

Rogue Warrior&Anarchist
    All I know is I'm 6'1" and 175lbs with a skinny ass and as soon as I sat on the WTB I knew I was home. Go ahead and read the reviews on this site. Save yourself some hassle and buy it and if you don't like it, I'll buy it from you because you can never have too many.
    mountain biking is not a crime, so quit giving me dirty looks before I bunnyhop your car

mtbr member
    saddles are personal. I had a speed v that I really liked. I bent the rails badly (very much clyde status) and bought a power v downhill saddle with oversized rails. I sat on this thing for 2 hours and felt great. I think most people would hate it though.

As for gloves, I use fox dirt paws. it's hot where I live, and it's very humid. I wear them regardless. great protection against cuts and scratches, and when I sweat through them I actually get better grip because my grips get tacky and my gloves stick to them (oury lock ons). they don't protect much against hand damage in a fall as I found out once in a nasty incident with a rock, but no gloves will exactly. highly suggested by me.

Members who have read this thread: 0