6d helmets? Or something better?- Mtbr.com
    Got rocks?

6d helmets? Or something better?

Is the 6d atb 1t helmet a good helmet or is my money better spent elsewhere? The other options Iím looking at are giro Montaro, bell sixer, or TLD a2.
    My current helmet is almost a 10 year fox one and just feel the need to update it.

mtbr member
    Jun 2013
    At this point, any helmet will be better than a 10 year old one. The montaro and A2 have pad quality issues, and I personally wouldn't pay full price for either. The 6d is a great helmet although on the heavy side. Go with what fits your head best, as even the best technology won't do any good if the helmet doesn't fit.

Ride More - Suffer Less
    6D is a great helmet and I am personally a fan of their system over competitors. The downside to this helmet is, slightly bigger, runs smaller (sizing), rear adjustment knob a bit small, makes adjusting with sweaty hands tough.

To me the bonus is, the safety, good looks and fits my head well.

Got rocks?
    The 6d is on sale so Iím probably just going to get that one. I really like the camera mount option on the giro an bell but thatís not that big of a deal.

Got rocks?
    So it just came in today. First impressions I love this thing. It fits my big head great and looks good. A bit worried about the white getting dirty and putting a light on top tho. I really like it, will report after my first ride especially for heat since itís been 100+ lately.

Ride More - Suffer Less
    Quote Originally Posted by desertwheeler View Post
    So it just came in today. First impressions I love this thing. It fits my big head great and looks good. A bit worried about the white getting dirty and putting a light on top tho. I really like it, will report after my first ride especially for heat since itís been 100+ lately.
    Sweet!

The one thing to consider when running a light is the strap. It needs to connect to the outermost layer and not tie the two layers together.

I slip a zip tie in between. If you loop around it will lock the 2 layers together and you wont have the benefit of the ODS.

Got rocks?
    Quote Originally Posted by TraxFactory View Post
    Sweet!

The one thing to consider when running a light is the strap. It needs to connect to the outermost layer and not tie the two layers together.

I slip a zip tie in between. If you loop around it will lock the 2 layers together and you wont have the benefit of the ODS.
    I think Iíll just keep the light on my old helmet for now. I donít ride hard in the dark anyways. But if I donít I will use the zip tie idea. One feature I would have liked to have is a built in camera mount.