661 Kyle Strait vs. Fox Launch Pro- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

661 Kyle Strait vs. Fox Launch Pro

Just wondering if anyone has experience of both of these, has done a comparison, or seen a comparison anywhere on the web?
    I need some knee pads after cutting my knee badly on a rock in what should have been a minor fall. I ride mostly XC/trail and sometimes long distances (6-8 hours in a day) so I am looking for riding comfort as well as protection.
    Both these pads seem to get good reviews including many good reports on this forum: in summary it seems people who bought either one mostly seem happy.
    Any thoughts on which to go for? None of the bike shops anywhere near me have either, so I need to order from the web without the chance to try them out. Thanks!

mtbr member
    Oct 2011
    kyle straits worked great for me, except that I plan to retire them to just XC and clips rides. I was wearing them with soccer shin guards for AM / flat pedals and got tired of putting both on. If you run flats with studs you might want to get shins too.

Paste eater
    The fox launch look nice and I thought about getting them. Originally, I tried on the 661 evos before the straits thinking they would be more comfy. Then I tried on the straits and found they where much better. The knee cup us firmer (although not plastic) and it helps the pads from scrunching down like the evos did for me.

So, I'd recommend the straits - especially at the price.

Vitamin Bike Added
    I own 661 mediums. 5'10" with a 32" inseam (read: short stubby legs) but I do recreational body building so I have pretty big legs. The pads are absolutely perfect though I did find that after my last long ride a day or two later I developed a bit of a rash where the pads were on my leg. I think because I sweat so much on my ride it just chaffed, only the next ride shall tell. For fit and finish, Kyle strait are awesome. Fit to the smaller side if you are in between.
    Keep the rubber side down