661 Kyle Strait sizing- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    May 2005

661 Kyle Strait sizing

before anyone says it, I can't try them on before buying because no good shops around so ... I'd like a bit of your help/wisdom.

I'm thinking of buying my first pair of knee gards (going to the French Alps this summer) and the 661 KS seem to have good feedback.
    I've looked at the sizing chart and have read that they are just a little undersized but when I measure my legs I'm out of chart. How do you measure your legs, where is the bottom opening measured from and the top opening.
    I'm 15" at the middle of my calf and almost 20" where I think the gards would stop. That would make it size XXL ! I'm not that big! 5'8" 195 (most of it in the belly ). My legs are the most in shape piece of me ...
    Appreciate you help

I quit e-MTBR
    Quote Originally Posted by moclan View Post
    before anyone says it, I can't try them on before buying because no good shops around so ... p
    Yes you can. Order them in multiple sizes from Art's cyclery, free shipping and free return shipping. (I have no affiliation with them.)

http://www.artscyclery.com/descpage-...?crumb=MTBBOBY

mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    They run big. I just ordered a pair and they are really sweet. I'm 6'0, 195 lbs and I had to go with a medium. XXL would fit an elephant. I would go a size down to a Large or even possibly a medium.

mtbr member
    @ 5'9 - medium for me. Length wise the knee cup sits perfect and no binding anywhere with no slide while pedalling and more importantly no movement on impacts. The leg openings are snug but don't bunch. you may find the knee cup will move if you get too big a size, which defeats the whole purpose.
    Might check out TLDs pads as an option as well.

mtbr member
    May 2005
    I am 6'1" and about 175lbs. I tried them on and I sit right in the middle of the small and medium. Small feel great but bind when I pedal, medium feel like a ton of extra fabric and move around on my knee.

mtbr member
    Aug 2006
    I'm 5'10 185 and run a med too. My thighs are on the bigger side, but my calfs are on the small side.

I find 661 is somewhat inconsistent with sizing. I have had 3 pairs of Tom Cats and 2 pairs of KS's. All fit differently. My med DJ knee fit super small. Don't even want to get into the fit of my Core Saver...

mtbr member
    May 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by OldManBike View Post
    Yes you can. Order them in multiple sizes from Art's cyclery, free shipping and free return shipping. (I have no affiliation with them.)

http://www.artscyclery.com/descpage-...?crumb=MTBBOBY
    that works when you're in the States, I'm in France. thanks any way for your help.

meow meow
    medium seems like a pretty vesitile size. thats what i wear, my legs arnt bean poles but they are slim and i do crank the straps a good bit. id say you have a good few inches of wiggle room each way in every size.

mtbr member
    May 2005
    thanks all, sounds like I'll go for a medium size. I'll let you know how it fits, might take a picture but then I'd have to shave my legs ... na forget the picture

I quit e-MTBR
    Quote Originally Posted by moclan View Post
    that works when you're in the States, I'm in France.
    Fair enough. Shouldn't assume everyone's in the U.S. Good luck with your pads.

mtbr member
    May 2005
    well I did go to the Alps. 2 days at the "2 Alpes" ski resort ... summer skying on the glacier (above 3200m) and MTB everywhere else. It was a blast, loved every minutes of it.

almost forgot, about the knee pads. Yes well the first comment would be you kind of put them on and forget about them. Didn't crash so no experience there but did notice some ware and tare around the bottom edge, possibly due to scrubs and branches.

Bottom line, I liked them. Size M

mtbr member
    gotta love this forum...

i'm 6'' and 170 lbs,based on 661 size charts I should go for a L ,but I will now stick to a M. Living on a island in the middle of nothing I MUST buy stuff online wich comes at a risk when it's clothing. Thank you mtbr