5 Spot Trail Ride Helmet Cam- Mtbr.com
    striker!

5 Spot Trail Ride Helmet Cam

A fun morning ride with my bud on our 5 spots before work with the ghetto cam. Lots of good turns with some sketchy chutes at the end.

<object width="640" height="464"><param name="allowfullscreen" value="true" /><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always" /><param name="movie" value="http://vimeo.com/moogaloop.swf?clip_id=4772236&amp;server=vimeo.com &amp;show_title=1&amp;show_byline=1&amp;show_portr ait=0&amp;color=00adef&amp;fullscreen=1" /><embed src="http://vimeo.com/moogaloop.swf?clip_id=4772236&amp;server=vimeo.com &amp;show_title=1&amp;show_byline=1&amp;show_portr ait=0&amp;color=00adef&amp;fullscreen=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowscriptaccess="always" width="640" height="464"></embed></object><p><a href="http://vimeo.com/4772236">Morning Ride - Slalom Trail Helmet Cam</a> from <a href="http://vimeo.com/user1444118">superstock</a> on <a href="http://vimeo.com">Vimeo</a>.</p>

S
    "flying a plane is no different than riding a bicycle, just a lot harder to put baseball cards in the spokes."

Peace & Love
    dang...looks like a ton of fun.

is that helmet cam 29er compatible?

BBW
    mtbr member
    Whoa that is a fun singletrack; also reminds me of what I don't have here where I live

mtbr member
    Nice turns. Swoopy goodness.

TYM
    mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Oh man do I miss that place. Thanks for the vid!

Yay! Bikes !
    looks fun. thanks.
    need some rain eh?

striker!
    Quote Originally Posted by TYM
    Oh man do I miss that place. Thanks for the vid!
    Hey Tim! Are you still in Atlanta? Riding much?

Quote Originally Posted by Nick.
    looks fun. thanks.
    need some rain eh?
    Need it but probably won't see any till November ...

S
    "flying a plane is no different than riding a bicycle, just a lot harder to put baseball cards in the spokes."

Weapon of Choice
    Nice vid! That rollin dropper is alot steeper than it looks, film doesn't do it justice

Super Unknown

TYM
    mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by superstock
    Hey Tim! Are you still in Atlanta? Riding much?
    S
    Still living in Atlanta for now. Been trying to ride as much as possible. The weather kind of sucks right now. Seems to always rain on the weekend. Keep posting your vids. Just need a little more motivation to move back to so cal .

striker!

A couple of still shots from the same trail

I thought I had some shots of the bottom of that drop looking up but I couldn't find them.

I found these though:

S

Flyin Canine
    Does the guy in the red shirt ride streetbikes too? I have a tendancy to put my knee out sometimes like that when I think I should be cornering more over the bike like the first pic.

BBW
    mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by superstock
    I thought I had some shots of the bottom of that drop looking up but I couldn't find them.

I found these though:

S
    It comes to my attention the 2 different riding styles of these 2 riders. Coming from a sportbike background after riding my bike I'm use to lean towards the inside and put my weight in the outside pedal.
    Is it any advantage of leaning of the other side (I guess is more MX style?) increasing contact patch? center of gravity?
    Thanks

striker!
    Quote Originally Posted by shanedawg
    Does the guy in the red shirt ride streetbikes too? I have a tendancy to put my knee out sometimes like that when I think I should be cornering more over the bike like the first pic.
    Yes he does. Streets of Willow last weekend:

Its a different style that works when you have enough traction. He hit that turn pretty fast.

I like to lean the bike over and keep my body more on top of the bike on looser turns. The more weight you can get on the outside pedal, the better the effective CG of the bike will be. This will offer more traction. If you start to drift and need to get your foot out, you have more space between you and the ground to do so.

I discussed my turning philosophy in detail on this thread.

S

Members who have read this thread: 0