5-10 SPD shoes

Printable View

• 07-18-2011
    kburati
    5-10 SPD shoes
    Anyone riding the Minaar shoe? I was interested in these but checked out a pair at the shop the other day and they're boat anchors. Why would anyone want bike shoes this heavy, is there a reason for it? Obviously they're worn by one of the fastest racers in the world.
  • 07-18-2011
    OldManBike
    They would not be a good choice for most XC racers. But the added grip on rocks and on pedals (clipped or unclipped, at least with caged pedals like M424 or M545, less so with XTRs) vs. traditional plastic-bottom shoes is nice.

I just got mine recently, but I'm pretty happy so far. Coming from Shimano M077. Definitely heavier, but I haven't noticed the weight difference at all while riding. The wider toe area can impede unclipping (front of shoe bumps into crank arm sometimes when I go to unclip), but it hasn't been enough of an issue for me to fiddle with it yet. [EDIT: I just had the cleats installed badly. Once I adjusted the cleats, no unclipping issues. I'm very happy with these shoes for regular XC-AM riding. Apparently others mind the weight, but I don't even notice it when riding.]
  • 07-18-2011
    Evan55
    silly xc weight weenie ;)

they are for DH riding.

personally Im waiting for the maltese falcon.
  • 07-19-2011
    Spik Boy
    Quote:

Originally Posted by OldManBike View Post
    They would not be a good choice for most XC racers. But the added grip on rocks and on pedals (clipped or unclipped, at least with caged pedals like M424 or M545, less so with XTRs) vs. traditional plastic-bottom shoes is nice.

I just got mine recently, but I'm pretty happy so far. Coming from Shimano M077. Definitely heavier, but I haven't noticed the weight difference at all while riding. The wider toe area can impede unclipping (front of shoe bumps into crank arm sometimes when I go to unclip), but it hasn't been enough of an issue for me to fiddle with it yet.

How do they fit?

I've just about killed-off a pair of 661 filters and these seem similar?
  • 07-22-2011
    F3RGIE
    which shoes are best for biking? I'm looking into 5 10s but they cost a lot
  • 07-24-2011
    mecca_1996
    i have riding in them there great for more technical thing on the trails but there too heavy and a pain in the ass to ride with.