5.10 Lineking- Mtbr.com

Thread: 5.10 Lineking

mtbr member
    Jul 2011

5.10 Lineking

After trying Clipless, I quickly found out it wasn't for me. I can't clip out with my cursed limited range of motion left leg. Some times I had issue with my right leg too but not even closely as bad as my left leg. Couple of times, I almost went maybe hundred or two ft. down because I couldn't clip out. Luckly I managed not to somehow.

So here I am, going back to Platform(I need to sell clipless pedal and shoes!!!) and already bought trusted(by many) Wellgo MG-1 and now trying to buy shoes. I think I'm going with 5.10 since many loves them. I think I'm going to go with Lineking since it supports ankle too(Part of my cursed left leg is flat feet and ankle support is nice) but I saw couple of review that sole is softer than other 5.10 such as Freerider? Is this true? Would it be better to go with Freerider?

Also, any close competition to those two but cheaper option?

Thanks
    2012 S pecialized Hardrock Sport Disc 29er

2017 SANTA CRUZ Hightower CC X01

boardguru
    Oct 2009

Line King

I bought a pair of these shoes to replace some Nathan Rennie models which were kinda hot in the summer. The soles are much thinner, softer, I'm not sure there. I rode the Line Kings for a number of rides and liked them unless there was hike-a-bike over rocky terrain, then really disliked the thinner sole. I ended up getting a pair of Carvers and have no complaints with them.

Mick

Members who have read this thread: 0