2019 Five Ten Gear Release- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Apr 2018

2019 Five Ten Gear Release

Got an email this morning, looks like on 5/10/19 there will be some new stuff. Anyone know if anything new or excellent?

mtbr member
    Jul 2012
    I've never been a fan of style of skate shoes, wish they or someone would release some quality urban/basketball style flat shoes. Since they're owned by Adidas it couldn't be too hard to throw the bike soles on some Harden vol 3's or something.

Looks like maybe the blue on the left could come close though.

mtbr member
    Apr 2018
    Well Iím an idiot. I guess I just wanted some new stuff so bad.

5-10 on sale is better than nothing.

Short-Change-Hero
    There are enough good shoe companies out there with flats that I would try something else... Afton, Ride Concepts, Unparralleled, Ion have all been getting good reviews. Seems like 5.10 has gotten a bit long in the tooth, while still good stuff they just aren't substantially better than what is out there now, only marginally better.

I went from super clunky 5.10 VXi Elements to Adidas Terrex Solo Trail. The Adidas are holding up fine and are a great fit but the outsole seems to be wearing quicker than I would like. Once they are no longer useable I will be going local with RC.

mtbr member
    Jul 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by gregnash View Post
    There are enough good shoe companies out there with flats that I would try something else... Afton, Ride Concepts, Unparralleled, Ion have all been getting good reviews. Seems like 5.10 has gotten a bit long in the tooth, while still good stuff they just aren't substantially better than what is out there now, only marginally better.

I went from super clunky 5.10 VXi Elements to Adidas Terrex Solo Trail. The Adidas are holding up fine and are a great fit but the outsole seems to be wearing quicker than I would like. Once they are no longer useable I will be going local with RC.
    You do know that Adidas has been the parent company of 5.10 for a couple of years now, right?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Short-Change-Hero
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadow4eva View Post
    You do know that Adidas has been the parent company of 5.10 for a couple of years now, right?

Yeah I am aware of that. They purchase, what, like 5yrs ago maybe less?? In my eyes, they haven't really done anything to "invigorate" the line as of recently with all the new companies coming out. Seems more like they are relying on namesake to keep business going. Always had good fit from Adidas in all their shoes, have relatively flat arches, so I had mentioned to my wife at one point about wanting to try them which then turned into an Xmas present from my FIL.

They are good shoes, don't get me wrong, but they don't necessarily "wow" me. Where as these new companies, and some old coming back into the game, are fighting for space in the market with innovation. Like the OP, the add makes it look like there is a new product coming but then turns out it is just a celebration of their "name" date with some discounts. Their product line has pretty much been the same for the last 10yrs.

mtbr member
    Jul 2017

2019 Five Ten Gear Release

Quote Originally Posted by gregnash View Post
    Yeah I am aware of that. They purchase, what, like 5yrs ago maybe less?? In my eyes, they haven't really done anything to "invigorate" the line as of recently with all the new companies coming out. Seems more like they are relying on namesake to keep business going. Always had good fit from Adidas in all their shoes, have relatively flat arches, so I had mentioned to my wife at one point about wanting to try them which then turned into an Xmas present from my FIL.

They are good shoes, don't get me wrong, but they don't necessarily "wow" me. Where as these new companies, and some old coming back into the game, are fighting for space in the market with innovation. Like the OP, the add makes it look like there is a new product coming but then turns out it is just a celebration of their "name" date with some discounts. Their product line has pretty much been the same for the last 10yrs.
    Yeah, I share your opinion..
    The only problem (with procuring the Terrex series) is that I live in Singapore and Adidas here has not brought their cycling footwear into their shops, and I highly doubt they will...

mtbr member
    Got the tld impacts, it was on sale too

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    Jan 2016
    I am trying to impress a person at 5-10.
    PLEASE make a safe shoe.
    I mean for us.
    I do not have a car and i pedal to and from the trails.
    My next pair of shoes will have reflective qualities.
    Bright yellow, high viz.....
    Will they be 5-10?
    Thanks