2011 S-Works mtb shoes availability?- Mtbr.com
    CDB
    mtbr member
    Jan 2007

2011 S-Works mtb shoes availability?

I need to replace my damaged s-works shoes. It seems that all of the 2010 product is sold out, and the 2011 product isn't available yet... anyone know the schedule? I need a pair of 44.5's bad.

mtbr member
    Jul 2006
    What did you damaged on the S-works shoes? I find them pretty bad in the durability? the front side carbon is damaging pretty fast?
    If You want Plush, Buy a Couch...
    If you want to go Fast, Buy a 29er

CDB
    mtbr member
    Jan 2007
    First pair, I cracked the carbon sole behind the cleat. The local shop would not warranty it as they said they were looking pretty worn (they were about a year old, and I do ride a lot). I replaced w/ a brand new pair last fall. I broke the carbon again on those this spring, but it was ahead of the cleat this time, and didn't really affect the arch stiffness when pedaling, and I had a sour taste in my mouth from the previous attempts to warranty damaged product (s-works helmet strap broke) and bottle cage cracked in half near an obviously poorly welded joint (did the welder sneeze mid way?).

I have been a long time advocate for Specialized products, honestly believing and suggesting to everyone that it was the highest quality stuff on the market. I have started to reconsider that in the past 3 years. Especially as the prices have continually gone up.

I am attracted to the new design of the shoes since they have replaceable lugs. I am also a fan of the fit of their shoes w/ my foot shape - it's the best option for me besides custom shoes which are too expensive & just as light on durability. I am not sure how durable that shiney synthetic upper material is in the 2010/2011 design. I posted something earlier this year about that asking folks how their stuff is holding up here.

I also have not seen any images or info online about the 2011 sworks mtb shoes. Not sure if they changed the design again vs. 2010 model. I heard rumors that the carbon sole is now HOLLOW w/ a foam core... That concerns me as I have broke two pair. (I'm a 170 lbs, pro xc racer and cat 1 cxer).

gunslinger
    Quote Originally Posted by CDB
    I need to replace my damaged s-works shoes. It seems that all of the 2010 product is sold out, and the 2011 product isn't available yet... anyone know the schedule? I need a pair of 44.5's bad.
    I had 2011s on my feet two weeks ago in a retail store - they are out there.

The '11s have (2) boas rather than (1) as I recall. I liked the infinite adjustment factor, but they were simply too narrow.

Canyons Bicycles
    Draper, Utah
    Ph. 801-576-8844

Members who have read this thread: 0