2008 Specialized Pro Carbon MTB shoes???- Mtbr.com
    Older & Slower
    May 2006

2008 Specialized Pro Carbon MTB shoes???

Does anyone have them?...If so, are you happy/unhappy with them?...Why/why not?

I've heard bad things about the buckle...Has that been resolved for 2008?...What if the buckle malfunctions?...How much $$ for new buckles?

I have a pair on the way...I bought these because they are the only model that comes in a "wide" version.

What should I expect?...Money (a lot) well spent?...Do you think I will be happy?

The Other Dude
    I had them last seaon and really like them. I think i had the newer style models, they had the silver buckles. I did replace the buckles with the black m-lock ones, they slipped less and felt more positive. I have the carbon s-works shoes now, and honestly next year will get the carbon pros again, the just fit and felt better to me.
    Sponsors: Specialized, Honey Stinger, The Hive, Twenty6, 661, Elka Suspension, www.Chainsmokeracing.net

mtbr member
    Jan 2008
    i have the s-works shoe and the pro carbon , i like the pro carbon better,
    the pro carbon is a stronger shoe, the buckel system is great and the sole wears really well ,

i wish i could say the same for my s-works shoe
    you will love the pc shoe

mtbr member
    Feb 2004
    On my second pair, and have been very satisfied.

The carbon sole cracked in half during a race (hike-a-bike on rough terrain) last year after nearly a year of use, and my LBS replaced them no questions asked. I was pretty impressed with that.

I like them so much they are also my road shoes. Quick, go buy them!

Members who have read this thread: 0