[Review] The new Fox Digit full finger gloves- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    May 2010

[Review] The new Fox Digit full finger gloves

Hi All,

while visiting Park City, Utah last week, I got myself a Fox Digit pair of gloves. They are classified as DH/freeride although I am not sure what are the criteria for this.

Because I like them and for generations to come I wrote a review about the gloves. If you are an MTB glove enthusiast as myself you might enjoy the reading. Or it might even help you decide if the Fox Digit is something for you.

If you have any questions be sure to post them - I will try to reply as best as I can.

Enjoy!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails [Review] The new Fox Digit full finger gloves-fox_digit_gloves_red_b.jpg  

Last edited by riderInTheNight; 07-08-2010 at 11:27 PM.
    Need a fix? Try a high-jack!

Look at the time!
    Nice review (trying to get some traffic for your website there?)

Anyway, here's what they look like after a few months:
    wanted: Cannondale Lefty w/ V-brake studs

In Armor We Trust
    I just picked up a pair from Chainlove for $15. They seem pretty killer for that price. As worn as those gloves are, I'm surprised the tacky finger sections are still intact. The ones on my current Fox gloves came off after the first wash.
    DH: Pivot Phoenix
    AM: Pivot Mach 6
    FG: KHS Flite 100

SamIAm
    very detailed. much like a paid review.

i know a few pairs of gloves that match,equal the digits. but they are very nice gloves, still have a pair now.

glad you like em tho.
    <(*-*<) Go Ride (>*-*)>

mtbr member
    May 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by lelebebbel
    Nice review (trying to get some traffic for your website there?)

Anyway, here's what they look like after a few months:
    Hi lelebebbel,

an external blog is much easier to manage, especially when using lots of pictures for my reviews - this is why I use it.

Was the tear in the glove caused by a fall/accident or is this "normal" wear?

Thanks

Stand back
    I had a pair of Unibombers that fell apart on the first ride. On my roadbike, no falls included. As much as everyone bags on 661 quality, this is way worse than any of the dozen or so of those I've owned.
    Golden Bike Park

Golden Connector Trails need your support!

Look at the time!
    Quote Originally Posted by riderInTheNight
    Hi lelebebbel,

an external blog is much easier to manage, especially when using lots of pictures for my reviews - this is why I use it.

Was the tear in the glove caused by a fall/accident or is this "normal" wear?

Thanks
    No crash. Maybe I'm a bit rough on gloves, then again this is my second pair of fox digits, and the first one, which was the older style, lasted much longer (although i did patch it up a few times). They are good gloves, quite thin which makes them comfortable, but not very sturdy.
    wanted: Cannondale Lefty w/ V-brake studs

mtbr member
    May 2010
    I had a pair of bicycle leather gloves. The leather was very thin but it was still leather - the most durable material you can get for such things. Since then I didn't manage to find bicycle leather gloves. It seems like the companies manufacturing gloves don't like cows anymore

I loved those gloves and they lasted around 3 years but in the end I killed them by washing them in the washing machine - the leather didn't like the soap... I knew that I will get problems with that but I had to wash them at some point... That is the advantage with synthetic materials - you can was them.

The TREK gloves I wrote about in my site are very sturdy. I am not sure anyone sells them anymore in the US. They are definitely more heavy-duty than the Fox one. As you mentioned - what I like with the Fox Digit gloves is that they manage to pass the sensation to your hand pretty well.

I hope I will not get disappointed by the Fox gloves - I buy stuff to last.

Members who have read this thread: 0