• 04-07-2004
    jensen23
    Is $29.99 for Answer Speeder shoes a good deal?
    I am in need of a cheap but good pair of shoes. I found Answer Speeders for $29.99 at Nashbar. But I dont know anything about them. I am worried that they might run a little narrow. They seem to get good reviews but they all seem to be for the older models. Any imput would be great. Thanks
  • 04-08-2004
    Crash_FLMB
    Quote:

Originally Posted by jensen23
    I am in need of a cheap but good pair of shoes. I found Answer Speeders for $29.99 at Nashbar. But I dont know anything about them. I am worried that they might run a little narrow. They seem to get good reviews but they all seem to be for the older models. Any imput would be great. Thanks

I have two pairs of these. The irst pair is over 3 years old and still as comfortable as the day I bought them. Since I found such a great deal on the same ones, I bought anohter pair about 3 months ago. Just in case they stop making these shoes, now I've got two pair. The first pair is just now starting to rip a little so I turned them into the road shoes. The new pair is now the mtb shoe. I love these shoes and see no reson spending $200 bones on a pair of shoes when these shoes are cheap and super comfortable.

I have a narrow foot and find them to be a little wide, but not much. If you have a wide foot, they may be a little snug. That's how I like my riding shoes to be anyway, nice and snug. For $30 can you really go wrong? But shoes are like seats and we all know not one seat feels great to everybody.

Good luck! :)