Yeti SB130 Lunch Ride vs. Revel Rail- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Apr 2013

Yeti SB130 Lunch Ride vs. Revel Rail

Ridden both of these bikes for a moment with the exception of the 130 not being the L.R. model. Im always thinking about upgrading from a still awesome SB66 carbon that has treated me well and i've ended up with these two as what I think I'd be most happy with. I think i would have made my decision if I was able to demo these bikes at the Sedona bike fest. but was working at the time.
    To me these bikes are somewhat similiar in desired terrain and are stout builds for technical downhill with both pedaling incredibly well.
    Tough to make a decison based on the bikes alone and each company has its draw to them
    Yeti has been around for a long time and has proven to be some of the best bikes out there but then Revel has this innovative product with their carbon wheels which I heard are pretty sweet along with their bikes looking and from what I hear people are stoked
    I want to buy the Revel Rail for the above two reasons but then really want to buy the biie that i feel the most comfortable on which means I need to ride them longer than just an hour or two demo ride.

mtbr member
    Feb 2020
    I'm assuming you're comparing to the rascal (not the rail) since the rail isn't even close to being in the same class as the SB130. I just swapped my bronson for a 2020 SB130LR and couldn't be happier. The pedaling efficiency is wild. I was also looking at the Rascal as well before making my decision but didn't want to pull the trigger without demoing. Most people on either bike seem to love their decision so I don't think you will regret either. Definitely go with the LR as opposed to regular build. Doesn't make any sense to me why someone would want less travel in the back without sacrificing any pedaling efficiency.

mtbr member
    Apr 2013
    what class is the rail in then?.....and yeah, I am talking about the rail and the 130 LR
    For me, 6'3'' 208 lbs and my ride terrain (so cal) is techinical up and down, these bikes felt good to me for what I want, being in my 40's but I'm no slouch

mtbr member
    Feb 2020
    Quote Originally Posted by wolsey View Post
    what class is the rail in then?.....and yeah, I am talking about the rail and the 130 LR
    I'd say the rail is more on the enduro bike end rather than trail. The rascal is more similar to the SB130. You're comparingin a 29er vs 27.5, 165mm travel vs 130/7mm. I think the Rail compares better with either the SB150 or SB165. That being said, if you want the best do it all bike and the decision comes down to either the Rail or SB130LR, I'd go with the Yeti. If you want to maximize your fun and confidence on the downhills and sacrifice a bit of performance going up than go with the Rail