What would a 2013 Specialized Enduro Comp go for?- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    May 2014

What would a 2013 Specialized Enduro Comp go for?

It is a 2013 Specialized Enduro Comp 26r. Full Fox suspension x9 rear Deralieur, x7 front Deralieur, x9 shifters, brand new ground controll rear tire, front tire is in great shape. There is no dents at all in the frame just a few scrapes from the cables rubbing and a few nicks from rocks kicking up. The bike is cleaned after every ride, and when ever there is a problem it is brought to the shop and fixed by the pros. The rims are in great shape other then the rear one is bent so slightly you have to take it off and have it inspected to notice it. There is no rust on any of the components. Very well maintained. The bike shifts and rides like it is new. Everything is stock except the breaks, pedals, and seat post. For the brakes I had Avid Elixer 9s put on, the seat post is a specialized command backlight post, and the pedals are specialized platform pedals. The bike is very clean, and very well maintained. The rear shock is being rebuilt at the moment. Any ball park of a price would be apriciated, I am not selling it right now just want to see what I could get for it. Thanks.

mtbr member
    May 2014
    What would a 2013 Specialized Enduro Comp go for?-image.jpg

nvphatty

mtbr member
    why do you want to sell it

mtbr member
    May 2014
    Not a definate to selling it, just wanna see what I could get for it, because I'm looking at the new enduros with the 29 inch tires. I ride my dad's 29er and fell in love with the tires. nvphatty, I'll check it out, but my bike is in really good condition, close to new, and idk if that will take the into account

nvphatty
    29ers are yesterdays news, why not hop on the 27.5 bandwagon? or better yet the tried and true 26ers since they aren't going anywhere soon.

I'll check it out, but my bike is in really good condition, close to new, and idk if that will take the into account
    so is my 08 model like new condition but even if someone made me a killer offer i doubt i would sell it for sentimental reasons.

mtbr member
    May 2014
    I'm just thinking, not set in stone yet. I love the Enduros, and wouldn't want anything but one. I like the 29ers are a lot faster than the 26ers. Only reason why I was considering it. But the more I think, for the amount of time I would need a 29er, I don't think it's worth $1,000. I love my bike but in love the 29ers. I just need to keep thinking, thanks for the help

mtbr member
    Jan 2013
    This thread is going to explode into a 26 vs 29.

That said, if you're not racing, you don't need the fastest bike. You only need the most fun bike. For me it's the 26er all mountain.

mtbr member
    May 2014
    That's why idk what to do, I race and I free ride. I have my dad's carbon 29er, really great fast bike, but the suspension is too stiff and kills my back in mid race, I have a aluminum all mountain bike that isn't as fast but is better for my back.

mtbr member
    Jun 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by santiagomo87 View Post
    No it won't. It's not like it's a completely mundane issue of personal preference that people blow up into passionate, ideological outrage or anything.

I like 29er. I'll almost certainly never go to 26er/650b for anything outside of straight DH, and even then I don't see the point. That said, I could literally not give fewer shits about anyone else's riding preferences. I will never ever try to debate away anyone else's reasons for riding their size of choice, because whatever the choice and whatever the reason they are inherently right. Spin whatever size you want, just get out and ride.
    2014 Trek Remedy 8 29er
    2003 Gary Fisher X-Caliber

mtbr member
    Jan 2013

That said, if you're not racing, you don't need the fastest bike. You only need the most fun bike. For me it's the 26er all mountain.
    Well said, let's try to avoid the 26 vs 29 and even 27.5 argument. Everyone should ride whatever feels best to him. And remember, everyone is different!
    Last edited by Max24; 03-02-2015 at 06:39 PM.

nvphatty
    naaaa it's a none issue for me but wanted to stir the pot is all.

Quote Originally Posted by Max24 View Post
    Well said, let's try to avoid the 26 vs 29 and even 27.5 argument. Everyone should ride whatever feels best to him. And remember, everyone is different!
    agreed

mtbr member
    Isn't 26 more enduro than 29?

Santa Fe, NM

nvphatty
    Quote Originally Posted by Rockrover View Post
    Isn't 26 more enduro than 29?

any can be endoed if one tries hard enough

Member of The Yeti Tribe
    Working in a Specialized shop, I have time on a few E26 and I currently own a E29 Comp.. The 29" version of the Enduro is that much better than the 26". Better climbing, better cornering, and better descending. They adjusted the geometry to keep the bigger wheels still nimble.

I will say that I have never liked the 26" Enduro and am not a huge FSR fan, but the 29" version is really that much better than the 26" version and its an absolutely great preforming bike..
    Stop this Derailleur Madness!!.... De-Rail-er

See what the God of bikes has to say about it..

nvphatty
    my apologies for stirring the pot that prompted this ^^^

mtbr member
    Dec 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by xGOML View Post
    my bike is in really good condition, close to new, and idk if that will take the into account
    Similar to cars, the biggest decrease in value is the minute you leave the shop with the bike for the first time. Remember that the frame warranty wont transfer. I think bicyclebluebook.com isn't far off for their estimate.

mtbr member
    Jan 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by xGOML View Post
    That's why idk what to do, I race and I free ride. I have my dad's carbon 29er, really great fast bike, but the suspension is too stiff and kills my back in mid race, I have a aluminum all mountain bike that isn't as fast but is better for my back.
    Well, the best option would be to have both bikes. One for freeride and one for racing. Although some of the newer carbon bikes like an Ibis Ripley I assume that can do both reasonably well.
    If you already like your Enduro, why not keep it and save for a small travel dual suspension 29er XC machine?

mtbr member
    May 2011

I'd ask $1700 for that bike.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Rob

mtbr member
    Nov 2010
    Best way to figure the value is save a search on eBay for your exact bike and look at past transactions as well and monitor the sales. Also search Craigslist and Pinkbike. These 3 areas will give you a real market value.

I have bought 2 Enduro Experts a year old (2010 and 2012) and was able to buy them for 40-50% off of full retail. I have never quite understood Specialized, but their bikes fall almost 50% within a year, and then will hold that value for the next few years. You can buy one a year to a year and a half old, ride it for a few years, and sell it close to what you buy it for. Not a bad way to go if you are in to saving money.

If you are looking for a value and bought your bike new, you probably won't like reading this.

nvphatty
    Quote Originally Posted by bradyh20 View Post
    I'd ask $1700 for that bike.
    and most likely sell it for ??

mtbr member
    May 2011

Trolol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Rob

nvphatty
    Quote Originally Posted by bradyh20 View Post
    Trolol
    is that a newly released anti-fungal med??

mtbr member
    I'm a 26 inch guy, but the 29er Enduros are pretty sweet.