Trek Fuel EX-R1 Tuned Suspension- Mtbr.com
    TimB

Trek Fuel EX-R1 Tuned Suspension

I have a nice hard tail bike , but Iím bouncing like a ping pong ball on the trails I ride on, they are technical with lots of roots, Iím looking for a good used full suspension bike, I found this Trek bike on Facebook market fir $650, looks like itís a 2008, I donít have much cash right now so the price is right for me, canít find any reviews, any thoughts from you all??

Thinking about riding.
    Dec 2014
    Fuels have always been solid, but that's a pretty old bike. Compared to today that's got the geometry of a race XC bike... If you intentionally posted this in the all-mountain forum I'd keep looking.

TimB
    OK thanks , im a newbie I Didnt know if it was XC or mountain, I thought mountain was a general forum for all mountain bikes. Yes it is old 2008 I guess, but I dont have much spare cash right now so I need something to get me throught till I caan buy a nice full suspension bike

mtbr member
    Jan 2012
    Your current bike probably needs a decent fork. Maybe better wider wheels/tires for cushion. But the suspension on a used bike will be just as important for a good ride. So check the fork and shock on anything you find. You could end up with the same ride but a heavier bike.

Thinking about riding.
    Dec 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by Runfox View Post
    OK thanks , im a newbie I Didnt know if it was XC or mountain, I thought mountain was a general forum for all mountain bikes. Yes it is old 2008 I guess, but I dont have much spare cash right now so I need something to get me throught till I caan buy a nice full suspension bike
    All Mountain is a specific type of riding (or at least that's how it's being used here). It basically means not quite downhill/freeride but not quite XC... So you're pedaling up and down, but you're also hitting big features if you come across them. The idea is that you're riding the whole mountain - the ups, the downs, the jumps, the drops... All mountain.

An old Fuel is not a good bike for this, though the new models are.