Specialized Enduro 06 vs 07- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Feb 2011

Specialized Enduro 06 vs 07

Newbie here...

So here's the deal. I'm choosing between these two bikes to buy but I need help in deciding.

07 Enduro Comp
    http://denver.craigslist.org/bik/2235646505.html
    06 Enduro Expert
    http://fortcollins.craigslist.org/bik/2212783838.html

Here's what I'm thinking..

The 06 uses FoxShox shock and fork. More reliable than the specialized shocks, maybe? Easier and cheaper to service for sure. But the 07 is probably lighter and just in a newer condition overall.

Which one would you choose and why? Has anyone worked on the Specialized shocks before? Are they as easy to service as the RockShox? And what's so special about DT swiss rims?

Thanks in advance! =)

mtbr member
    Oct 2010
    My opinion is to go with the 06 enduro, why, because I like the design better and the singal crown fork is usually a better choice for a 6in travel bike.

I don't think the 07 is necessarily lighter with the dual crown fork, however S forks are not bad, just less popular than Fox.

Sounds like the 06 is certainly well used if the guy has done 20ml. XC & DH races on it.

07 looks like it's in great shape, I just don't like the design.

Again, I would go with 06, but try to talk the price down a bit

just my 0.02 cents
    Ridin' fo' dayzz

Wheels - 11' Giant Anthem X1
    -08 Eastern Slash
    -08 Jamis Dragon

mtbr member
    Feb 2004
    +1 on the 06. The 07 has the crappy Specialized branded suspension.

mtbr member
    Mar 2010
    I would go look at them both and ride them both. One might be in alot better shape then the other or you might prefer the fit and ride on one of them. The 07 E150 shock could always be sold for around $300. Still undecided give them both a low offer and see who wants some cash now.

mtbr member
    Older dated suspension fork vs newer but still older frame. There are plenty of people on ebay that will buy the Spech fork fo rgood money. It's really kind of a toss up. I would hold out and save a little more cash or beg barrow and steal to get this.
    http://denver.craigslist.org/bik/2237878880.html

GAME ON!
    it depends on what kind of riding you will be doing. i know that the afr shock rides stiff like an xc bike. i have an 09 model, which is essentially the same frame and i got rid of the stock suspension and went with fox. not knowing the complete specs on the '06 makes it tougher to actually gauge the better deal. the '07 has decent parts. i still think there are better deals out there. maybe something a little more current.

mtbr member
    I have the 06 ( sworks model ) with the same fork and rear shock. I built my fully from there with lighter wheelset, better brakes, and a full XT setup. I got it at 32lbs now.
    The adjustable fork is great !! I crank it down to climb and then open it up for the DH. It climbs well for a AM bike, and is a blast to ride dh.

mtbr member
    Feb 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by MHinvest
    I would go look at them both and ride them both. One might be in alot better shape then the other or you might prefer the fit and ride on one of them. The 07 E150 shock could always be sold for around $300. Still undecided give them both a low offer and see who wants some cash now.

I'm out of town so I can't test ride them both.

I decided to go with the 06. It's not in as great of condition but I didn't want to deal with the hassle of selling the 07 fork. Plus, I've heard mixed reviews with the Specialized AFR shock and I know what I'm getting with the DHX.

The specs on the 06 are just stock, and I talked him down $100, so that's what I went with.

Thanks for all the help!
    jb00gie

Forge Sawback 5xx

mtbr member
    Oct 2010
    sounds like not a bad deal, good choice too!!!!

Have fun!!!!!!
    Ridin' fo' dayzz

Wheels - 11' Giant Anthem X1
    -08 Eastern Slash
    -08 Jamis Dragon

Members who have read this thread: 0