Shimano M-530 Pedals- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

Shimano M-530 Pedals

Thinking of getting these pedals for my second bike an dI was wondering if anyone has them and how they like them?

I currently have the M-647 on my HT and I do like them however the M0530 appear to be a little slimmer and lighter but not sure they work as well as the 647's.

Thanks

mtbr member
    I just installed these and they work great. I'm a newb so just need to get used to being clipped in in general, but my buddy has used these for 6 months with no issues.

mtbr member
    They are not a bad pedal at all. Not a wide platform but if you're not into that they work great. I like them because you can adjust the clip in/release tension (just like most of them)...

mtbr member
    Oct 2009
    I bought a pair of these 2 weeks ago after spending most of the last 20 years on flats. I had to give the clipless pedals another try, and these are priced great especially for someone new to clipless pedals.
    I liked them so much I ended up buying another pair last week so I have the same pedals on both of my bikes.
    I love these pedals, especially the easy adjustability of the tension settings.

undercover brother
    I use them and I have no complaints except on muddy days, but that's pretty much all SPDs weak points. Great pedals and no need to buy XTR for $$$ if you're not concerned with weight.

Members who have read this thread: 0