Rossignol all track R-duro review- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

Rossignol all track R-duro review

I just got back into the game after riding a specialized hard tail 18+ years ago. My latest interest is enduro type riding and after researching fairly budget conscious options I stumbled on a deal for 18/19 Rossignol R-duro for a couple grand. Mine must have been a late 18 model as it has some 2018 and 2019 components mixed a bit.

Rossignol is a new french brand in the bike game but really old in the ski equipment biz. They seem to market towards the ski resort riding crowd for summer activities.

The story is they bought Felt bikes and in partnership with Time, engineered these bikes as new product, not just rebranded Felt designs.

It's a pretty standard aluminum enduro bike design with a rockshox yari in 170mm up front and a monarch plus r rear shock in 160mm. WTB i-35 scraper rims with 27.5x2.8 nobby nics. Shimano deore M6000 brakes with 203mm rotor up front and 180mm in the rear. Sram NX 1x11 drivetrain with some chain guide/bash guard gadgetry.

Also features a KS eten i dropper post and a pretty decent Rossignol branded saddle. The dropper has been a revelation to me coming from the old days.

So what you get with this bike is a typical economy component set on a nice aluminum frameset with good long travel and good plus tire clearance.

It is in the same weight range as the Trek fuel ex 5 at around 33ish pounds.

I also dig the bright orange.

Bike rides amazing but my frame of reference is limited to old hardtails so the ride review is also limited in scope. There is a good youtube ride review of this bike that helped me factor my decision.
    Last edited by B52U; 1 Week Ago at 08:52 AM.

mtbr member
    Jun 2004
    congrats on the new bike. I like the orange color too. The rear suspension and linkage on that bike looks very similar to a number of bikes: KHS 7500, CTM, and Fireeye Burning. I have a Fireeye Burning AM and absolutely love it. Probably the best combination of plush, pedally and poppy I have owned. Climbs like a goat! I hope you like your new bike.

Single(Pivot)and Happy
    What does a bike like this cost? I'm not a fan of orange frames but this frame looks nice.
    The suspension of your bike sucks if it's different than mine. Really. It sucks. Big time.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Boulder Pilot View Post
    What does a bike like this cost? I'm not a fan of orange frames but this frame looks nice.
    I picked it up for $2200. The suggested retail for this model is $3300.

Single(Pivot)and Happy
    Smoking deal for a bike with such a solid component list. Cheers!
    The suspension of your bike sucks if it's different than mine. Really. It sucks. Big time.