Rossignol all track R-duro review- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

Rossignol all track R-duro review

I just got back into the game after riding a specialized hard tail 18+ years ago. My latest interest is enduro type riding and after researching fairly budget conscious options I stumbled on a deal for 18/19 Rossignol R-duro for a couple grand. Mine must have been a late 18 model as it has some 2018 and 2019 components mixed a bit.

Rossignol is a new french brand in the bike game but really old in the ski equipment biz. They seem to market towards the ski resort riding crowd for summer activities.

The story is they bought Felt bikes and in partnership with Time, engineered these bikes as new product, not just rebranded Felt designs.

It's a pretty standard aluminum enduro bike design with a rockshox yari in 170mm up front and a monarch plus r rear shock in 160mm. WTB i-35 scraper rims with 27.5x2.8 nobby nics. Shimano deore M6000 brakes with 203mm rotor up front and 180mm in the rear. Sram NX 1x11 drivetrain with some chain guide/bash guard gadgetry.

Also features a KS eten i dropper post and a pretty decent Rossignol branded saddle. The dropper has been a revelation to me coming from the old days.

So what you get with this bike is a typical economy component set on a nice aluminum frameset with good long travel and good plus tire clearance.

It is in the same weight range as the Trek fuel ex 5 at around 33ish pounds.

I also dig the bright orange.

Bike rides amazing but my frame of reference is limited to old hardtails so the ride review is also limited in scope. There is a good youtube ride review of this bike that helped me factor my decision.
    Last edited by B52U; 06-13-2019 at 08:52 AM.

mtbr member
    Jun 2004
    congrats on the new bike. I like the orange color too. The rear suspension and linkage on that bike looks very similar to a number of bikes: KHS 7500, CTM, and Fireeye Burning. I have a Fireeye Burning AM and absolutely love it. Probably the best combination of plush, pedally and poppy I have owned. Climbs like a goat! I hope you like your new bike.

Single(Pivot)and Happy
    What does a bike like this cost? I'm not a fan of orange frames but this frame looks nice.
    The suspension of your bike sucks if it's different than mine. Really. It sucks. Big time.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Boulder Pilot View Post
    What does a bike like this cost? I'm not a fan of orange frames but this frame looks nice.
    I picked it up for $2200. The suggested retail for this model is $3300.

Single(Pivot)and Happy
    Smoking deal for a bike with such a solid component list. Cheers!
    The suspension of your bike sucks if it's different than mine. Really. It sucks. Big time.

mtbr member
    Jun 2019
    I've been looking at the same bike. Are you still liking it?

I'm looking at using it for a long travel jump bike for riding ramps in my back yard and some trails with my kids. I have arthritis in my spine and I need something to soften the landings, my hard tail is making me suffer.

Thanks.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by nobody special View Post
    I've been looking at the same bike. Are you still liking it?

I'm looking at using it for a long travel jump bike for riding ramps in my back yard and some trails with my kids. I have arthritis in my spine and I need something to soften the landings, my hard tail is making me suffer.

Thanks.
    Yes, still riding it and liking it. Can't wait to ride more this coming season.

mtbr member
    Apr 2013
    Does the bike come with extra derailleur hangers or any contact or ordering information for hangers? I'm very interested in this bike, but I worry that it is a crash away from being a pile of scrap metal if the derailleur hanger breaks...

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by R1D3 View Post
    Does the bike come with extra derailleur hangers or any contact or ordering information for hangers? I'm very interested in this bike, but I worry that it is a crash away from being a pile of scrap metal if the derailleur hanger breaks...
    Yes, mine came with 1 extra hanger in the box. I also purchased another for around 15 bucks from Rossignol customer service (emailed them from their website) and it came in packaging labeled "Felt bikes" unsurprisingly. They email you an order form and instructions.

mtbr member
    Hanger pic:

mtbr member
    Apr 2013
    Thank you so much! I'm so close to pulling the trigger on this bike. Is the bike holding up well? And how does it do on climbs? I know it is not the lightest bike, and that it doesn't have a lock-out. I appreciate it!

mtbr member
    Thank you so much! I'm so close to pulling the trigger on this bike. Is the bike holding up well? And how does it do on climbs? I know it is not the lightest bike, and that it doesn't have a lock-out. I appreciate it!
    I have ridden it one season, a few hundred miles, and no issues other than having to top off and mini-bleed the rear brake.

Climbs very well with the plus tires on my steep rocky wasatch front mountain trails.
    I went to tubeless immediately out of the box. I am able to climb just as well as my buddy who rides a carbon framed transition patrol, though I'm sure it takes a little more energy given the weight. I am a tall lanky guy and the size large fits well and is on the big end for a large. Seemed pretty equivalent to the XL transition patrol in dimensions.

Brakes and suspension perform fantastic from my limited frame of reference. The KS eten dropper post top ring sometimes likes to loosen a bit. I check it by hand for tightness before each ride and it has held up.

Saddle is quite comfortable for me, no complaints.

I'll be ready for a 50hr lower leg and rear can service soon, but it still seems plenty small bump responsive.

mtbr member
    Just a follow up on this thread regarding frame parts support. Rossignol also offers frame bearing/pivot rebuild kits that include all the rear end pivot hardware for around 80 bucks plus shipping. Just thought I would mention that since parts availability for hangers was a concern. I also assume these kits are made by felt bikes since the hangers are. I placed an order for future maintenance.

mtbr member
    Apr 2013
    Hey there. Thanks to your input, I ended up getting the same bike, and I absolutely love it. Would you mind sharing a picture of the items included in the rebuild kit? Much thanks!

mtbr member
    Hey there. Thanks to your input, I ended up getting the same bike, and I absolutely love it. Would you mind sharing a picture of the items included in the rebuild kit? Much thanks!
    When it arrives I will post some pics. Congrats on your purchase. One of the really good deals out there I think.

mtbr member
    Suspension bearing kit arrived. Looks like a complete set of rebuild hardware. All pivot bearings and pivot axles, and top and bottom shock bolt hardware.

mtbr member
    Apr 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by B52U View Post
    Suspension bearing kit arrived. Looks like a complete set of rebuild hardware. All pivot bearings and pivot axles, and top and bottom shock bolt hardware.

You sir, are a gentleman and a scholar. You have my sincerest gratitude.