Real World Weights: Lyrik Solo Air & Lyrik Coil?- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Jan 2004

Real World Weights: Lyrik Solo Air & Lyrik Coil?

No, I'm not a weight weenie but do want to keep it lighter if possible.

I can't seem to find any real weights for these forks and every website seems to say different things...as usual.

I'm looking for the weights of these forks specifically the RC2DH versions of each one, the Solo Air and the Coil.

Thanks a bunch.
    We Ride In God's Country!

mtbr member
    My 2012 solo air dh with tapered steer cut at 8", with star nut installed, weighs 4.8.

EDIT: to clarify, mine had the maxle lite installed as well. 2180g total.
    Last edited by rscecil007; 03-24-2012 at 07:43 AM.
    If jackasses could fly this place would be an airport.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Nice, that chart is great. I can't believe there's only ~0.5 pound diff from Solo Air to coil version. Uh....which one should I go with? No brainer here.

Thanks guys

some know me as mongo
    Feb 2008
    Yeah I would get the air version because of the weight and the adjustability of the air spring. It actually feels really nice

mtbr member
    The lightest and best performing air fork on the market currently is the bos deville. Better small bump than the fox or rock shox, way better mid stroke, and equal damping. Of coarse coil is still king....

Axe
    Custom User Title
    Quote Originally Posted by big JC View Post
    The lightest and best performing air fork on the market currently is the bos deville. Better small bump than the fox or rock shox, way better mid stroke, and equal damping. Of coarse coil is still king....
    Pricy.. $1075 before shipping for 170mm...

And for some reason they claim US is subject to 19.6% VAT? $1412 delivered.. Ouch.

some know me as mongo
    Feb 2008
    Having ridden many fork in the past (don't even ask how many I have owned because I probably cant name them all) and the modern lyrik kick some serious butt. I have the solo air one and it has incredible small bump sensitivity that I have only been able to find in coil forks in the past. Basically the air fork has really come to age when it come to more "core" riding. I personally find that it has better support and much less than the coil fork would have as well. Also with the solo air system in the lyrik I can regularly use about 85% of the fork with the last 15% being only used on bigger or unexpected hits, basically how a fork should perform.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Axe View Post
    Pricy.. $1075 before shipping for 170mm...

And for some reason they claim US is subject to 19.6% VAT? $1412 delivered.. Ouch.
    If you're serious PM me I have a source for Devilles for well under a grand shipped to the US.

mtbr member
    Rode coils for a year, air forks for ~3.. back on coils. Im never going back to air, the weight just doesnt matter. Even the best air springs (imo, RS's dual air) just arent as good.

mtbr member
    My lyric Solo air with the DH camper was 4.89lb (2221g) with an uncut 11/8" uncut steer tube, including the Maxle Lite.

wuss
    I had a lyrik air and felt it was really nice. The only big downside was, that when set up to feel plush (or should I say use up most of it's travel) it would blow through the beginning travel. To get it to stay higher up I had to add a bit more air which made it harsh, and then it would not use the last bit.

Converted to coil and it's now subtle, stays high and uses up it's travel well. I can't feel the extra weight, but even like this it's a light fork for my Uzzi so your might feel differently.

For a bike with a high BB the tendency to blow through the beginning might not matter.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Now I'd really like to get a Lyrik RC2 DH damper with U-Turn COIL adjust (to ride at 150mm on my Spot) AND a tapered steer tube. Does RS make such a beast?

mtbr member
    Jun 2009
    You can just get a standard Tapered Uturn Coil Lyrik then buy the DH Damper separately.

mtbr member
    Oct 2010
    Or an RC2DH solo air and spacer it down to 150
    Juice

mtbr member
    Oct 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by mikkosan View Post
    You can just get a standard Tapered Uturn Coil Lyrik then buy the DH Damper separately.
    I believe the rebound assemblies are different for RC2L and RC2DH. Swapping the cart wouldn't yield the same performance without also swapping rebound.

Members who have read this thread: 0