NS Snabb Trail (T1, T2)?- Mtbr.com
    Rocks belong

NS Snabb Trail (T1, T2)?

Anyone have any experience with the NS Snabb Trail? (T1, T2, frame only, etc.)

Seems like there are plenty of reviews on it's big brother, the Snabb Enduro.

142mm rear travel
    422mm chainstays
    638mm ETT (size large)
    75* STA

Everything I read says the suspensions is 1x optimized with plenty of anti-squat built into the rear suspension kinematics

Geo looks great

Anyone here got trail time on one?
    I like 'em long, low, slack and playful

Rocks belong
    Bueller?

mtbr member
    We have a new LBS in town who just picked up NS Bikes. They had a couple of Snabb E's on the floor but I don't really know much about them.
    Formerly Travis Bickle

Team Robot. "modulation is code for “I suck at brake control.” Here’s a free tip: get better."

Rocks belong
    Yeah, seems I can ready plenty about the Snabb E. Very little about the Snabb T.

Maybe that should tell me something?

Now with flavor!!
    Quote Originally Posted by 06HokieMTB View Post
    Yeah, seems I can ready plenty about the Snabb E. Very little about the Snabb T.

Maybe that should tell me something?
    Not really. It's already still a pretty sparsely represented brand in the US so of course people are going to want to showcase the bigger/badder version.

They're practically the same bike kinematically. And they both look really good IMO. But I certainly wouldn't take the lack of coverage of the T as any kind of message.

You've probably seen these but here are a few.

NS Bikes Snabb T1 2016 | Reviews » Bikes » Trail Bikes | IMB | Free Mountain Bike Magazine Online

NS Bikes Snabb T1 review - BikeRadar

NS Snabb T1 (2015) review - MBR
    STRAVA: Enabling dorks everywhere to get trails shut down........ all for the sake of a race on the internet.

mtbr member
    Bear in mind that the 17 model is slacker and they now have a normal stem. I think the E model is getting a travel bump as well which will make the T a logical choice for most. I am curious to see the new Snabb 29er.
    Formerly Travis Bickle

Team Robot. "modulation is code for “I suck at brake control.” Here’s a free tip: get better."

Rocks belong
    Quote Originally Posted by Travis Bickle View Post
    Bear in mind that the 17 model is slacker and they now have a normal stem. I think the E model is getting a travel bump as well which will make the T a logical choice for most. I am curious to see the new Snabb 29er.
    Have you seen specifics? 2017 geo?

mtbr member
    No, and I have been looking.
    Formerly Travis Bickle

Rocks belong
    The 15/16 models are sure enticing... 422mm chainstay, 638mm ETT, 470mm reach. I can get down with that kind of geo.

Warden or Snabb Trail? Hmmm

mtbr member
    Warden is more like the 16 Snabb E. The T is similar to the Endorphin. Both great bikes that are different enough with some crossover.
    Formerly Travis Bickle

Rocks belong
    Yeah, I'm looking for a bike that punches like a 160 and pedals like a 140

mtbr member
    Feb 2004
    Have had a '15 and '16 snabb T. First a medium, then a large (i'm 6'0). Unless you have mainly slow, tight trails, go for a larger size. The long reach really helps offset the short stays at high speed.

It's full-on forward geometry with 470mm reach for L. On steep narrow alpine descents there's absolutely no bike I'd rather have. For tamer riding though I could go for something just a little more balanced (430 stays, 450-460 reach on a L). The bike really challenges you stay forward and drive the front wheel. So much fun once you get used to it. Really easy to drift and square off corners. (begin flame war). When you hit a berm just right the bike really snaps out the end of it in an amazing way.

another bonus of the short stays is that out-of-the-saddle climbing traction is very good.

Chainstays are pretty wide on these, which gives it a really stiff, robust feeling rear end, but I do have trouble with heel clearance. This isn't a problem for most riders though.

Relatively light, affordable, super fun- it's hard not to like. I'm gonna mix it up for next year so my L '16 custom build is for sale.

mtbr member
    May 2017
    Probably a little overdue, but here's a copy of the review i wrote about the Snabb T 2016, which i've had for a year now. Overall, a very good bike with fun geometry which can really take a hit, but still not quite as gravity oriented as a full enduro bike.

Strengths: Geometry is AMAZING
    Suspension is surprisingly balanced for FSR
    FUN. oh, so much fun!

Weaknesses: Not the lightest bike
    Cable routing holes are ugly and damage cable casing
    Could be stiffer, but i'm picky

Bottom Line:
    Not a typical “trail” bike, more like a mellow endure rig. Pedals reasonably well (better than most FSR designs I’ve ridden), feels pretty balanced going up, and a blast going downhill. Very confident inspiring and a solid balance between speed and fun. Long, but doesn’t feel odd (like some other long and slack bikes nowadays). Short chainstays make for very snappy handling. NS have really nailed the geometry spot! With a good shock in the back, the suspension is very plush. Stiffness is good, but not exceptional. Quality bearings prove to be reliable so far.
    Bottom line – a very good, fun, versatile bike. For those looking for a “light endure” bike, or an aggressive trail bike, it’s a real blast.