New Bike for the desert: Jeffsy Base vs the Abajo Peak- Mtbr.com
Results 1 to 25 of 25
  1. #1
    mtbr member
    Reputation: NorCal_In_AZ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2019
    Posts
    301

    New Bike for the desert: Jeffsy Base vs the Abajo Peak

    So I'm looking to get a FS 29er after riding my Talon 2 for the last year (almost). Most of the daily rides are White Tanks, Pirate/Fins, and other West Phoenix areas. But I want to get out to South Mountain and Sedona soon. I know that my Talon or a nicer hardtail will handle most of my riding and that a FS 29er may over bike me a bit. But I'm wanting to get a better bike that I won't break as I continue to progress and push harder. Also keeping the Talon around for street rides, gravel, and runs to the store.

    -I enjoy putting on miles, but don't want to only do XC ridding.
    -I'm not a super deadicated climber, but I don't shy from them either.
    -I'm not looking to do dirt jumps, or gaps, but I enjoy 1-3 foot drops and popping off things.
    -Right now the weakest links on my Talon are pedal strikes, a floppy front end, and lacks on technical climbs.
    -5'11" 220 pounds, pretty much puts me squarely on a L, and needs some burly-ness to it.

    I've been researching and two bikes have caught my eye as best price to value bikes that fit my needs. They fall within $40 of each other, once I add a dropper and tubeless setup to the Abajo. The specs are super similar. Brakes, drivetrain, wheels/hubs, and tires are all pretty much equal. Here's the pro's and cons of each as I see it outside of the mentioned specs.

    YT Jeffsy Base https://us.yt-industries.com/detail/.../sCategory/511
    Pros: Yari Fork! 150/140 travel, frame protection included, flip chip
    Cons: Water Bottle, it only take the one special bottle. Rear shock has no lock out.


    Fezzeri Abajo Peak https://www.fezzari.com/plus-tire/abajo-peak
    Pros: Takes a normal bottle cage so I can run at least 1 24oz bottle. 140/130 travel so more fitting for my daily ridding. Lock out on the rear shock.
    Cons: X-Fusion suspension. I don't know much about it. I read a for reviews and their website and it sounds good. But itís not that popular either. Any opinions?

    I'm really leaning towards the YT. But is getting the assumed much better fork, and travel worth the lack of lock out? Thinking I can make do with the lesser rear shock, no lock out for a while, then upgrade it later. I can make do with the stupid water bottle issue.

    Whats everyone's thoughts? Am I looking in the wrong area for my needs?
    Last edited by NorCal_In_AZ; 05-13-2020 at 10:36 PM.

  2. #2
    mtbr member
    Reputation: OneTrustMan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Posts
    442
    Quote Originally Posted by NorCal_In_AZ View Post
    So I'm looking to get a FS 29er after riding my Talon 2 for the last year (almost). Most of the daily rides are White Tanks, Pirate/Fins, and other West Phoenix areas. But I want to get out to South Mountain and Sedona soon. I know that my Talon or a nicer hardtail will handle most of my riding and that a FS 29er may over bike me a bit. But I'm wanting to get a better bike that I won't break as I continue to progress and push harder. Also keeping the Talon around for street rides, gravel, and runs to the store.

    -I enjoy putting on miles, but don't want to only do XC ridding.
    -I'm not a super deadicated climber, but I don't shy from them either.
    -I'm not looking to do dirt jumps, or gaps, but I enjoy 1-3 foot drops and popping off things.
    -Right now the weakest links on my Talon are pedal strikes, a floppy front end, and lacks on technical climbs.
    -5'11" 220 pounds, pretty much puts me squarely on a L, and needs some burly-ness to it.

    I've been researching and two bikes have caught my eye as best price to value bikes that fit my needs. They fall within $40 of each other, once I add a dropper and tubeless setup to the Abajo. The specs are super similar. Brakes, drivetrain, wheels/hubs, and tires are all pretty much equal. Here's the pro's and cons of each as I see it outside of the mentioned specs.

    YT Jeffsy Base https://us.yt-industries.com/detail/.../sCategory/511
    Pros: Yari Fork! 150/140 travel, frame protection included, flip chip
    Cons: Water Bottle, it only take the one special bottle. Rear shock has no lock out.


    Fezzeri Abajo Peak https://www.fezzari.com/plus-tire/abajo-peak
    Pros: Takes a normal bottle cage so I can run at least 1 24oz bottle. 140/130 travel so more fitting for my daily ridding. Lock out on the rear shock.
    Cons: X-Fusion suspension. I don't know much about it. I read a for reviews and their website and it sounds good. But itís not that popular either. Any opinions?

    I'm really leaning towards the YT. But is getting the assumed much better fork, and travel worth the lack of lock out? Thinking I can make do with the lesser rear shock, no lock out for a while, then upgrade it later. I can make do with the stupid water bottle issue.

    Whats everyone's thoughts? Am I looking in the wrong area for my needs?
    The X-Fusion suspension feels really cheap imo.
    Had a test ride on a bike with it.
    Even Suntour feels better and the X-Fusion shock makes annoying noises.
    The Jeffsy also has a dropper post.

    Just my 2 cents.

  3. #3
    mtbr member
    Reputation: MSU Alum's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    4,641
    Quote Originally Posted by NorCal_In_AZ View Post
    So I'm looking to get a FS 29er after riding my Talon 2 for the last year (almost).
    YT Jeffsy Base https://us.yt-industries.com/detail/.../sCategory/511
    Pros: Yari Fork! 150/140 travel, frame protection included, flip chip
    Cons: Water Bottle, it only take the one special bottle. Rear shock has no lock out.
    I've been riding full suspension for a long time. 26, 27.5, and now 29. I've never locked out the rear (or, for that matter, front) shock, except a few times climbing roads - and then even stopped doing that. Back in the day on my 26 I used the medium mode, but since then, I haven't even used that, though many people still do. The lack of lock out seems like no big deal to me. Modern rear suspensions are pretty darn good.

    The inability to put a full sized bottle on a bike could be a bigger deal, if you like riding without a hydration pack.

  4. #4
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Lone Rager's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    8,725
    Sounds to me like you're looking for an "old school" trail bike. I say old school because trail bikes have gotten a lot lower/longer/slacker int the past few years. That's less scary for descending to the detriment of climbing and maneuverability. They def have more floppy front ends.

    Some of the XC FS bikes have gotten longer/lower/slacker to the point of being what trail bikes were a few years ago. One example, the '20 Trek Top Fuel XC bike has very similar geo to the '16 Fuel EX. I have a '16 Fuel EX and an '18 SC Tallboy and think both are close to perfect for my riding. Both models have gotten a lot longer/lower/slacker, the TB to a ridiculous degree, IMO.
    What, me worry?

  5. #5
    mbtr member
    Reputation: scottzg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    6,487
    You may not have noticed that the front-center is about 30mm longer on the YT. That is very noticeable on the trail.

    Quote Originally Posted by OneTrustMan View Post
    The X-Fusion suspension feels really cheap imo.
    Had a test ride on a bike with it.
    Even Suntour feels better and the X-Fusion shock makes annoying noises.
    The Jeffsy also has a dropper post.

    Just my 2 cents.
    I couldn't disagree with you harder. The cheaper RL xfusions are good, but that fork has a roughcut damper. I would take it over anything made by fox or RS. It is EXCELLENT. The suspension on the fuzzari is the best thing about it.

    I don't know how much xfusion will be in the NA market going forward.
    "Things that are complex are not useful, Things that are useful are simple."
    Mikhail Kalashnikov

  6. #6
    mtbr member
    Reputation: NorCal_In_AZ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2019
    Posts
    301

    New Bike for the desert: Jeffsy Base vs the Abajo Peak

    Quote Originally Posted by MSU Alum View Post
    I've been riding full suspension for a long time. 26, 27.5, and now 29. I've never locked out the rear (or, for that matter, front) shock, except a few times climbing roads - and then even stopped doing that. Back in the day on my 26 I used the medium mode, but since then, I haven't even used that, though many people still do. The lack of lock out seems like no big deal to me. Modern rear suspensions are pretty darn good.

    The inability to put a full sized bottle on a bike could be a bigger deal, if you like riding without a hydration pack.
    Pinkbikeís review of it also made it seem no lock out wasnít a big deal.

    I do prefer riding without a hydration pack, but Iím not opposed to it either. Itís just a bigger deal to me being in the hot dry desert.

    Quote Originally Posted by Lone Rager View Post
    Sounds to me like you're looking for an "old school" trail bike. I say old school because trail bikes have gotten a lot lower/longer/slacker int the past few years. That's less scary for descending to the detriment of climbing and maneuverability. They def have more floppy front ends.

    Some of the XC FS bikes have gotten longer/lower/slacker to the point of being what trail bikes were a few years ago. One example, the '20 Trek Top Fuel XC bike has very similar geo to the '16 Fuel EX. I have a '16 Fuel EX and an '18 SC Tallboy and think both are close to perfect for my riding. Both models have gotten a lot longer/lower/slacker, the TB to a ridiculous degree, IMO.
    Yeah Iím not looking for a downhill shredder. A solid trail bike that can handle a bit of rowdy once in a while.

    Quote Originally Posted by OneTrustMan View Post
    The X-Fusion suspension feels really cheap imo.
    Had a test ride on a bike with it.
    Even Suntour feels better and the X-Fusion shock makes annoying noises.
    The Jeffsy also has a dropper post.

    Just my 2 cents.
    Iíll add the dropper to the Fezzari if I go that way. Itís a $200 add on, but still keeps the bike in my budget.

    Quote Originally Posted by scottzg View Post
    You may not have noticed that the front-center is about 30mm longer on the YT. That is very noticeable on the trail.

    I couldn't disagree with you harder. The cheaper RL xfusions are good, but that fork has a roughcut damper. I would take it over anything made by fox or RS. It is EXCELLENT. The suspension on the fuzzari is the best thing about it.

    I don't know how much xfusion will be in the NA market going forward.
    Can you please explain the front center part more? I know just enough about geo to know I donít know it all.

    After looking it up the rear shock on the Fezzari is for sure better spec wise. The fork Iím not sure about though. The one thought I had about the Yari on the YT is that I can upgrade the internals down the road if I wanted too. Also NA market?

    Thanks for the responses so far guys. Keep em coming. I want to make an informed decision.

  7. #7
    mbtr member
    Reputation: scottzg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    6,487
    Quote Originally Posted by NorCal_In_AZ View Post



    Can you please explain the front center part more? I know just enough about geo to know I donít know it all.

    After looking it up the rear shock on the Fezzari is for sure better spec wise. The fork Iím not sure about though. The one thought I had about the Yari on the YT is that I can upgrade the internals down the road if I wanted too. Also NA market?

    Thanks for the responses so far guys. Keep em coming. I want to make an informed decision.
    I own one of those xfusions with a roughcut damper (i think it's that one, their naming system makes no sense), and i've owned/own multiple pikes and lyriks. No comparison- the roughcut xfusion is a better fork. More plush, more useful window of adjustment. I have both a custom valved lyrik and pike on a shelf and the xfusion on the bike. It was the best fork i've ever owned until i got a mezzer.

    I got mine from an industry friend for 150$, it totally took me by surprise.


    Front-center is the distance from the BB to the front axle. Longer will make a more stable bike, and if it's executed well there's almost no disadvantage. Nonetheless, the futanari might be more stable because of that suspension.



    I rode somo and in the white tanks a couple years ago with a transition patrol. That bike was long and LOW, and those spots really punished me for that; especially goat's gully. If i lived there i'd be looking for something with a higher BB.
    "Things that are complex are not useful, Things that are useful are simple."
    Mikhail Kalashnikov

  8. #8
    mtbr member
    Reputation: NorCal_In_AZ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2019
    Posts
    301
    Quote Originally Posted by scottzg View Post
    I own one of those xfusions with a roughcut damper (i think it's that one, their naming system makes no sense), and i've owned/own multiple pikes and lyriks. No comparison- the roughcut xfusion is a better fork. More plush, more useful window of adjustment. I have both a custom valved lyrik and pike on a shelf and the xfusion on the bike. It was the best fork i've ever owned until i got a mezzer.

    I got mine from an industry friend for 150$, it totally took me by surprise.


    Front-center is the distance from the BB to the front axle. Longer will make a more stable bike, and if it's executed well there's almost no disadvantage. Nonetheless, the futanari might be more stable because of that suspension.



    I rode somo and in the white tanks a couple years ago with a transition patrol. That bike was long and LOW, and those spots really punished me for that; especially goat's gully. If i lived there i'd be looking for something with a higher BB.
    Man this is fantastic info. Really appreciate the feed back on the X Fusion. Doing my digging, the suspension on the Fezzari gets nothing but praise. So maybe my initial impressions were unfounded.

    A higher BB than the Fezzari, the YT, or both? I think you mean Goat Camp. I have not gotten the balls to try going down Goat Camp yet. I've gone up it a mile or so for technical climb practice though.

  9. #9
    mbtr member
    Reputation: scottzg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    6,487
    Quote Originally Posted by NorCal_In_AZ View Post
    A higher BB than the Fezzari, the YT, or both? I think you mean Goat Camp. I have not gotten the balls to try going down Goat Camp yet. I've gone up it a mile or so for technical climb practice though.
    You're right- goat camp. I don't know how tall either of those bikes are, i was just saying that i thought a taller bike was an advantage out there.
    "Things that are complex are not useful, Things that are useful are simple."
    Mikhail Kalashnikov

  10. #10
    EDR
    Reputation: eatdrinkride's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    9,820
    I live and ride in Phoenix. have ridden down goat camp once or twice but will probably never do it again. That's some extreme chunky downhill that pushes the limits of the most experienced riders. But I will say this. Riding out here, unless you are an XC fanatic, don't fret over the water bottle holder. Most of the months it's too damn hot out here so you need to carry more. Focus more on the bikes you like... not water bottle holder options.

    Also regarding rear lockouts. Kind of pointless on a quality bike. It'll climb just fine on smooth fire road even without a lockout and there really is no other situation where you would want one. It doesn't help climbing rocky or uneven terrain at all. It's actually detrimental. Let me emphasize though, I'm talking about a bikes with a quality rear suspension.

  11. #11
    mtbr member
    Reputation: NorCal_In_AZ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2019
    Posts
    301
    Man itís such a toss up between these two. The more I think about it the more Iíve moved away from the YT towards the Fezzari. I just keep seeing more reviews and post out there about the Fezzari and theyíre all positive. Plus I like Fezzariís buying process, the fitting, support, and 30 day return policy.

    I know either will make me happy, just trying to make sure Iím buying the right bike that will last me the next 3-5 years.

  12. #12
    mbtr member
    Reputation: scottzg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    6,487
    Quote Originally Posted by NorCal_In_AZ View Post
    Man itís such a toss up between these two. The more I think about it the more Iíve moved away from the YT towards the Fezzari. I just keep seeing more reviews and post out there about the Fezzari and theyíre all positive. Plus I like Fezzariís buying process, the fitting, support, and 30 day return policy.

    I know either will make me happy, just trying to make sure Iím buying the right bike that will last me the next 3-5 years.
    I typed up a reply, but you've already heard enough of my nonsense. Both bikes make a solid case for themselves, while chasing a different customer. Much respect to both of them.


    ....**** it- for phoenix riding, i'd rather have the ferarri. Y'all don't have flow trails where long bikes and crude progressive suspension reign supreme. IMO. I've only ridden there a week.

    They're both good bikes.
    "Things that are complex are not useful, Things that are useful are simple."
    Mikhail Kalashnikov

  13. #13
    mtbr member
    Reputation: NorCal_In_AZ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2019
    Posts
    301
    Anyone here ever use a seat post shim? I have a nearly new 30.9 PNW Dropper, and the Fezzari has a 31.6 seat tube. If the shim works well enough that saves me $200.

  14. #14
    mbtr member
    Reputation: scottzg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    6,487
    Quote Originally Posted by NorCal_In_AZ View Post
    Anyone here ever use a seat post shim? I have a nearly new 30.9 PNW Dropper, and the Fezzari has a 31.6 seat tube. If the shim works well enough that saves me $200.
    Many many times. They work great.
    "Things that are complex are not useful, Things that are useful are simple."
    Mikhail Kalashnikov

  15. #15
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Ineedmorecowbell's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    189
    Looks like you'd have to wait for the YT anyway.

    Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

  16. #16
    mtbr member
    Reputation: NorCal_In_AZ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2019
    Posts
    301
    Quote Originally Posted by Ineedmorecowbell View Post
    Looks like you'd have to wait for the YT anyway.

    Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    Just a week or two longer. Called Fezzari and they said mid of June for more larges and 2-3 weeks after that before I got it.

  17. #17
    mtbr member
    Reputation: NorCal_In_AZ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2019
    Posts
    301
    Talked with my wife last night. She gave me the go ahead and even said if I need to spend a bit more, that she rather have me buy once cry once. So I started looking at the Cascade Peak from Fezzari as well. Their site says limited sizes, so this may be a moot point. But the frames are exactly the same, the major upgrades are the, suspension, brakes, drivetrain, and the rims (hubs are the same), and it comes with a dropper.

    https://www.fezzari.com/compare/prod...eak/abajo-peak

    So what does everyone think, the extra $1000 worth the Fox Suspension and other upgrades?

    I'm sure I'll be happy on either bike. But I want to make sure I'm buying something that won't need this or that changed in a year.

  18. #18
    mbtr member
    Reputation: scottzg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    6,487
    Quote Originally Posted by NorCal_In_AZ View Post
    Talked with my wife last night. She gave me the go ahead and even said if I need to spend a bit more, that she rather have me buy once cry once. So I started looking at the Cascade Peak from Fezzari as well. Their site says limited sizes, so this may be a moot point. But the frames are exactly the same, the major upgrades are the, suspension, brakes, drivetrain, and the rims (hubs are the same), and it comes with a dropper.

    https://www.fezzari.com/compare/prod...eak/abajo-peak

    So what does everyone think, the extra $1000 worth the Fox Suspension and other upgrades?

    I'm sure I'll be happy on either bike. But I want to make sure I'm buying something that won't need this or that changed in a year.
    GX vs NX- GX is quite a lot nicer to use, and you get an XD freehub. I'd prefer shimano so much that both are a compromise. NX works fine.

    Fox vs xfusion- i'd rather have xfusion. The fox shock is easier to tweak, but i love that fork. I've had several shocks custom tuned and have been thrilled with the results. IMO if you're >200lbs you might as well get a cheapish shock and get it revalved for ~250$ if necessary. xfusion shocks take a long time to bed in, fwiw.

    wheels- i'd rather have the wtb with your size and riding location. They're more durable and their tubeless interface is better. I don't like that they're using mystery hubs- it's easy to put down some serious watts with your size and location.

    brakes- guides are definitely better, but again, i'd prefer shimano. You're going to want 200/180 or 200/200 rotors regardless. I'd consider swapping to m7120 or mt5trail before touching dirt if you get the bike with levels. Better brakes than guides and you'll use them. (and might save you from upsizing the rotors)

    dropper- Meh. It's fine. I like that the cheap bike lets me pick my dropper.

    My opinion is almost certainly out of step with mtb'er consensus, but i'm not positive i'd go for the cascade peak if they were the same price. The cascade peak is definitely a less weird bike.
    "Things that are complex are not useful, Things that are useful are simple."
    Mikhail Kalashnikov

  19. #19
    mtbr member
    Reputation: NorCal_In_AZ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2019
    Posts
    301
    Quote Originally Posted by scottzg View Post
    GX vs NX- GX is quite a lot nicer to use, and you get an XD freehub. I'd prefer shimano so much that both are a compromise. NX works fine.

    Fox vs xfusion- i'd rather have xfusion. The fox shock is easier to tweak, but i love that fork. I've had several shocks custom tuned and have been thrilled with the results. IMO if you're >200lbs you might as well get a cheapish shock and get it revalved for ~250$ if necessary. xfusion shocks take a long time to bed in, fwiw.

    wheels- i'd rather have the wtb with your size and riding location. They're more durable and their tubeless interface is better. I don't like that they're using mystery hubs- it's easy to put down some serious watts with your size and location.

    brakes- guides are definitely better, but again, i'd prefer shimano. You're going to want 200/180 or 200/200 rotors regardless. I'd consider swapping to m7120 or mt5trail before touching dirt if you get the bike with levels. Better brakes than guides and you'll use them. (and might save you from upsizing the rotors)

    dropper- Meh. It's fine. I like that the cheap bike lets me pick my dropper.

    My opinion is almost certainly out of step with mtb'er consensus, but i'm not positive i'd go for the cascade peak if they were the same price. The cascade peak is definitely a less weird bike.
    Thanks again Scott.

    I kept looking and looked at what my budget would allow and what would make me happy. Being the frames are the same, I don't know enough to care about GX vs NX, I ride a Talon with a Suntour air fork now, The only thing that was really out of spec on the Abajo were the brakes. Fezzari will put Guides on for $140. Also, I don't have to buy the dropper on the Abajo. Just a $12 sleeve. I think I found my bike.

  20. #20
    mbtr member
    Reputation: scottzg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    6,487
    Quote Originally Posted by NorCal_In_AZ View Post
    Thanks again Scott.

    I kept looking and looked at what my budget would allow and what would make me happy. Being the frames are the same, I don't know enough to care about GX vs NX, I ride a Talon with a Suntour air fork now, The only thing that was really out of spec on the Abajo were the brakes. Fezzari will put Guides on for $140. Also, I don't have to buy the dropper on the Abajo. Just a $12 sleeve. I think I found my bike.
    Absolutely! Every bike you're looking at is going to be amazing, coming from a talon.

    It might be informative if someone posts up a good response to my 'buy the weird budget bike' endorsement.

    I don't follow sram very closely, being a sram hater... but which version of guides is important. As i understand it, the low end guides use a low leverage lever linkage (say that 5 times fast), that makes them suck. If the brakes are guide T or R, don't bother. Just sell the Level brakes and mount up the budget sensitive good stuff.

    I vaguely mentioned it before- i think xfusion is pulling out of the NA market. I'm not troubled by it because service parts can still be found. My buddy's buddy who tuned my fork is no longer working for them though. While i'm not concerned, you should be aware of it.
    "Things that are complex are not useful, Things that are useful are simple."
    Mikhail Kalashnikov

  21. #21
    mtbr member
    Reputation: NorCal_In_AZ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2019
    Posts
    301
    Quote Originally Posted by scottzg View Post
    Absolutely! Every bike you're looking at is going to be amazing, coming from a talon.

    It might be informative if someone posts up a good response to my 'buy the weird budget bike' endorsement.

    I don't follow sram very closely, being a sram hater... but which version of guides is important. As i understand it, the low end guides use a low leverage lever linkage (say that 5 times fast), that makes them suck. If the brakes are guide T or R, don't bother. Just sell the Level brakes and mount up the budget sensitive good stuff.

    I vaguely mentioned it before- i think xfusion is pulling out of the NA market. I'm not troubled by it because service parts can still be found. My buddy's buddy who tuned my fork is no longer working for them though. While i'm not concerned, you should be aware of it.
    They are the Guide T's. While I understand that there is better out there, $140 for a pair is a good deal considering that they go for $100 each. Also made a deal with my wife that I'm not buying this bike then upgrading stuff 3 months in hahaha. So, gotta get what I can while I can.

    For the fork, as long as it last me a couple of years, I'll be fine. After that, I'll look at upgrading.

  22. #22
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    7,765
    Before you buy a bike direct, looks at resale on Pinkbike:

    What are used bikes going for compared to new?
    Is Fezzari, YT, etc... holding their value?

    I had a Fezzari Signal Peak, it was a nice bike, but I didn't find the finish to be very durable, ie fast wearing when exposed to dirt.

    Don't know about YT, but they are overseas, so any issues will take longer to work out.

    So many good bikes out there, so little time ... take at look at Intense and Banshee, also consider good used bike or the discounted old stock bikes on Jensen.
    GG Megatrail 27.5 (Braaap!)
    GG Trail Pistola 27+/29 (speedy)
    Pivot Shuttle 27.5 (wife's)

  23. #23
    mtbr member
    Reputation: NorCal_In_AZ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2019
    Posts
    301
    I ordered the Fezzari. Couple of reasons why, I was able to finance, and I wanted new with a warranty and all that.

    But thanks to everyone for the help and advice.

  24. #24
    mbtr member
    Reputation: scottzg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    6,487
    Quote Originally Posted by NorCal_In_AZ View Post
    For the fork, as long as it last me a couple of years, I'll be fine. After that, I'll look at upgrading.
    I'm not sure there is an upgrade from that fork. Mine is amazing. It's flexy (i'm heavier than you and running it at 160), but since it's so controlled i don't mind it.


    Enjoy the new bike! I think you'll be psyched.


    edit- think really hard about selling the Level brakes as new and getting some real stoppers. Guide T is better but not good enough. 220lbs and some proper DH available- do it right or do it twice.
    Last edited by scottzg; 05-18-2020 at 11:42 PM.
    "Things that are complex are not useful, Things that are useful are simple."
    Mikhail Kalashnikov

  25. #25
    mtbr member
    Reputation: NorCal_In_AZ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2019
    Posts
    301
    Just a quick FYI update incase someone reads this and orders a Fezzari. When you do the measurement inputs on their site, unless your 100% sure you want to ride in a race position (like a XC race bike) just order the comfort position. They leave more spacers and length on the steerer tube for you to play with after you get the bike.

    They said the bike is due in mid July right now. Likely won't get it till August.

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12-03-2019, 08:14 PM
  2. Wiki vs Abajo Peak
    By cTxAggie in forum Fezzari
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 02-14-2019, 10:28 PM
  3. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 04-23-2018, 10:11 AM
  4. Fezzari Abajo Peak vs. Specialized Rockhopper Comp 29er
    By Steepless Soul in forum General Discussion
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 12-16-2013, 11:44 AM
  5. Any feedback on Fezzari Abajo Peak Pro mtn bike?
    By liftmys10 in forum Bike and Frame discussion
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 09-20-2006, 03:50 PM

Members who have read this thread: 79

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

THE SITE

ABOUT MTBR

VISIT US AT

© Copyright 2020 VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.