New to AM, did some research and...- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    I was in the same boat as you until this Friday. I bought a used but great condition 2010 specialized enduro comp with upgraded x0 components, hammerschmidt cranks(amazing) and a rebuilt rear shock so its fresh. It was 1600$ which is a great deal. So far, I love it.

mtbr member
    May 2012
    sry wrong spot please delete

mike
    I love my stumpjumper fsr. Great climber and handles the technical stuff no problem

mtbr member
    May 2012
    Im not sure what is going on with my computer. or the forums server, tried to post a thread and my questions/post showed up in three random spot and this thread post #1 is not mine being the OP?

"Need your help finishing it.

I have a 29er hard tail that i ride daily on local single track/xc. I am 5'11 and sit around 180lbs

Looking for a 26AM (a touch of freeride) bike to pick up where my XC bike leaves off. I would like this bike to climb as half of the riding around me is uphill, but there is also some fun downhill & tech stuff that i would like to tackle.

Literally have spent hours on here looking at bikes, reviews, suspension set ups etc.

Price is a factor in this.. I would love to find a deal on a used rig but we can all dream right? I guess i would set my max @ 2200 and I don't mind building it up on the side if i find a deal on the frame I am looking for.

Which frame suits me the best for an all around FS that does it all? I really like what I have read about the SC Butcher but having a hard time tracking one down right now (can buy new online, but none local)

Would this be a wise choice? All i read is positive. Seems like SC is doing away with the model which sucks.. but if i found some close out that would be awesome."

was my questions Thank you and sorry for any confusion.

mtbr member
    May 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by ihaveagibsonsg View Post
    I was in the same boat as you until this Friday. I bought a used but great condition 2010 specialized enduro comp with upgraded x0 components, hammerschmidt cranks(amazing) and a rebuilt rear shock so its fresh. It was 1600$ which is a great deal. So far, I love it.
    If i got that deal, i would be just as happy as you! That is another bike I am interested in. Is this your only bike? what kind of riding do you do?

Thanks for the info guys.

mtbr member
    May 2012
    LBS has a 2012 Heckler brand new.. 1399, D-AM kit (will replace stuff in time as needed)

Or should i wait on a used deal or put out the cash for a Butcher?

Flying in High in the Sky
    Jul 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeffijers View Post
    LBS has a 2012 Heckler brand new.. 1399, D-AM kit (will replace stuff in time as needed)

Or should i wait on a used deal or put out the cash for a Butcher?
    That's a good deal on the Heckler, but if it was me i'll put out the cash for the Butcher.

Members who have read this thread: 0