my definition of All Mountain- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

my definition of All Mountain

Here is an "all mountain" clip from Palmer Park Colorado from this weekend.

Quality is better on the contour site (and it is working faster now)

http://contour.com/stories/palmer-pa...ado-springs-co

Rushed the production a bit trying to get it done before the work week. I also realized how much of a pain it is to try to compress a normally 1 hour ride into 8 minutes. I only used about 2/3 of the clips I had and only used about 2/3 of each clip. I need to start finding songs w/o lyrics.

thanks....

mtbr member
    Jan 2011
    that was pretty sweet video, Colorado is a awesome place to ride, I grew up in Durango and lived in Denver for quit a few years

meow meow
    nice varity of terrain there.

mtbr member
    You got to love Palmer Park. Every time I head up to the Springs, that's the first stop. There some great tech stuff there. Plus its right in the middle of town.
    Sent on my Droid while hitting that $h!t

mtbr member
    Those places makes me wish to live in the US...

mtbr member

new video same place-very all mountain

The guys running the Palmer Park 50 this September saw my original video posted above, liked and asked if they could link it through their website even though it didn't follow their route very well. I obliged but for fun, I downloaded their map and spent a hot Saturday and Sunday shooting video in line with the race route.
    While not all inclusive of their route...that would be a very long video, I included a lot of the fun obstacles, locations. It's longer than I would normally put together but there is a lot of fun stuff in Palmer and this should be a very interesting race.
    Regardless, very "all mountain" for a race IMHO...they be some sick puppies!

Here it is:

Here is their website: Sand Creek Sports - Mountain bike racing in Colorado
    Last edited by muddywings; 08-11-2011 at 08:17 PM. Reason: embedding

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    wow, looks awesome.. many different terrains there.

I live to bike
    I should not have watched that. Where am I gonna come up with the money to make a trip out west to ride those trails?

Nice vid!
    Stop in at Element Sports. www.elementsport.com
    Get Out! Have Fun!

I'm with stupid
    Black market kidney sales i hear are doing better then the stock market right now, so that could be a option.

mtbr member
    Aug 2011
    nice vid, I really like these trails... but they're too far away...

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    That vid is fantastic!! As I do not have the equipment, but would love to show you the kind of trails round my home in Spain, found this (though its a bit jumpy and no where near as well done as your vid!)

mtbr member
    Apr 2010
    A lot of people I know think they're too cool to ride Palmer. This video shows them why they are wrong. It's got everything you could want. It's like Moab in a very miniature scale.

Anyway, for those who don't live here and don't know, this is only a small offering here in The Springs-- a city park in the middle of town. We've got a lot of great riding here! I feel pretty lucky to read others raving about it.

mtbr member
    Jun 2011
    Nice videos. Wish there was stuff like that out here in Ohio.

mtbr member
    Apr 2008
    cool video and it kinda makes me want to make the drive out to front rangia. However,why do you go AROUND the obstacles/steps at the beginning?!!?!? That will only make the trail wider and negate any steps put in. Sorry to get all internet toughguy but I always ask that question when I see people on the trails do that.

mtbr member
    May 2008
    Yeah, Palmer is fun. It's a great winter riding spot too. Here's a vid shot in the dead of winter. Nice mix of snow, and dry dirt:

I searched out the toughest lines I could find out there. There's some good stuff out there!

Most people think CO riders have to hang up the bikes in the winter. Palmer is just one low elevation winter spot we have to chose from.

mtbr member
    Apr 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by illegalsmile View Post
    cool video and it kinda makes me want to make the drive out to front rangia. However,why do you go AROUND the obstacles/steps at the beginning?!!?!? That will only make the trail wider and negate any steps put in. Sorry to get all internet toughguy but I always ask that question when I see people on the trails do that.
    I don't know Brian (the guy who did the video), so I really can't speak for him, but I usually ride down those steps (he's going up). The grade is a lot steeper than if looks in the video, and the steps are much bigger than they look in the video, too. (The first couple going up, anyway) In fact, the little rock garden he stops on shortly after those steps looks flat on video, but I can assure you it is not -- it's pretty steep. Short, but steep. It's a blast to ride down.

That's not to say a guy couldn't do them, but my guess is that he's just taking the path of least resistance on a fairly enduring, steep climb. Watching the rest of this video, I don't think it's a lack of technical skill on his part.

mtbr member
    Mar 2009
    Nice mix of viewpoint in this video, and Show Me how to LIve is one of the tracks I run when I'm doing my local training loop to work out, so watching a video to it made it even more personalized. Cool.
    2009 Specialized Stumpy Expert. Bike with brains.
    1997 Homegrown Factory 23-24lbs & afraid to ride it. I'm 200.

mtbr member
    Man I miss that place. I learned to ride a mountain bike at that park, and 16 years later, I'd love to take it on again.

mtbr member
    Damn. I need to get down there. I ride all over the front range but have yet to get down there. I live in the Denver area.
    Gotta get up to get down.
    LMB

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by The R View Post
    I don't know Brian (the guy who did the video), so I really can't speak for him, but I usually ride down those steps (he's going up). The grade is a lot steeper than if looks in the video, and the steps are much bigger than they look in the video, too. (The first couple going up, anyway) In fact, the little rock garden he stops on shortly after those steps looks flat on video, but I can assure you it is not -- it's pretty steep. Short, but steep. It's a blast to ride down.

That's not to say a guy couldn't do them, but my guess is that he's just taking the path of least resistance on a fairly enduring, steep climb. Watching the rest of this video, I don't think it's a lack of technical skill on his part.
    ahh...thanks for the nice words!
    My question is who puts those damm steps in....why not put in an escalator and a moving walkway on the trails. lol

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by slimat99 View Post
    Yeah, Palmer is fun. It's a great winter riding spot too. Here's a vid shot in the dead of winter. Nice mix of snow, and dry dirt:

I searched out the toughest lines I could find out there. There's some good stuff out there!

Most people think CO riders have to hang up the bikes in the winter. Palmer is just one low elevation winter spot we have to chose from.
    those some sick lines. Some i recognize like Temp Gap but others I don't. Some of those had some sketchy run outs!! nice work.
    using a GoPro?

mtbr member
    May 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by muddywings View Post
    those some sick lines. Some i recognize like Temp Gap but others I don't. Some of those had some sketchy run outs!! nice work.
    using a GoPro?
    cheers!

mtbr member
    Jan 2008
    Damn, full face helmet, full pads, jacket, weren't you scorching hot?!

Nice trail.

-Rogan

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by rogan2915 View Post
    Damn, full face helmet, full pads, jacket, weren't you scorching hot?!

Nice trail.

-Rogan
    it was jan or feb in Colorado....nope!

mtbr member
    Jan 2008
    My bad, didn't realize the thread was so old.

Rock on

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by rogan2915 View Post
    My bad, didn't realize the thread was so old.

Rock on
    no worries. The first vid was from jan/feb timeframe, the second one I just did was this summer. I run with a pryme AL fullface for the face view shots and even though it's vented, I was still dying. The FF helmet is more stable so I end up packing two helmets around and swapping back and forth.

mtbr member
    Aug 2011
    Wow I like it!

mtbr member

ALL the way down the MOUNTAIN

I'll just add to my own thread.
    My wife hiked up pikes peak, I met her at the top, handed off the truck keys and down I went.
    14,100-7,000ish in 13 mile, about a mile of HAB at the top, 1 crushed R. derailleur, little bit of walking where I should have been peddling, 2 sore arms, 1 sore back from always pointing straight down.
    enjoy:

mtbr member
    Nice vid! For me good AM ride always include a section of hike a bike XD

Members who have read this thread: 0