Morewood or Pivot- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    May 2006

Morewood or Pivot

Just cracked the toptube on my 08 Morewood Mbuzi and am in the market for a new frame. Morewood retailer will probably give me a 30% or so discount on a new frame. Problelm is I'm not sure I like any of the new models. The only option would be an XL Jabula whichis 6.6 travel (similar to Mbuzi which had 6.3ish). I also was looking at the XL Pivot Firebird Frames which also has 6.6 travel. The specs seem similar. Since the Mbuzi is a single pivot design, I'm not super familiar with the DW on the Pivot or whatever Morewoods is called now. Any input or suggestions. I am 6'4" and am an agressive trailrider in the mountains of western North Carolina.

Morewood - Morewood Jabula 2012 - FR101

Bike Detail | Pivot Cycles - Mountain Bikes for XC, Trail, Downhill

mtbr member
    May 2008
    Patrick Morewood is no longer a part of the company anymore so we'll see what direction the company moves in? He was the backbone of the company. Morewood is not the same company they once were.

30% off msrp is not a great deal. Firebirds have been on closeout for a while now for 1599. Morewood is using split pivot now which is also a DW patented design. Personally I would be fine with either design, but would go with DW because I like the built in pedal platform mini links offer.

Members who have read this thread: 0