Iron Horse mkIII 05-06 Set up.- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Jan 2011

Iron Horse mkIII 05-06 Set up.

So i just got a used Iron horse. The rear shock is a Fox rp23 and the fork is a Reba Race. I followed both Fox's and Rockshock guide for air pressure. I have 182 psi in the rear which is my weight. In the front i have 135psi on the + and 125 on the -. Does this sound right? It feels ok riding on the street. Can't test it on dirt till it stops raining thanks for the help. This is my first full suspension bike do you guys have any tips for them?

meow meow
    sounds right to me but as long as it feels right to you thats all that matters.

mtbr member
    Don't worry so much about the psi, pay attention to the sag. 25-33% in the rear. Somewhat less in the front.

Also, the psi recommendations from RS are too high most find.

I hope you have the Reba set at maximum length. Even then it is too short for a
    mkiii in my opinion.
    Nobody cares...........

mtbr member
    Jan 2011
    Yes I have it full length it is only 120mm I might want to upgrade the fork you think 130mm would be ok? or go to 140mm?

GAME ON!
    i used 140mm on mine. even 150mm would be fine. the head angle is really steep with anything less than that. keep in mind that dw-link works best with 30-35% sag. aim for that.

mtbr member
    Jan 2011
    Thanks I will check out some 140mm forks and I have the sag at 33 right now and like it. Saturnie what year was yours? This frame is 06 and I believe that year has a little different geometry? Any fork you would recommend?

GAME ON!
    mine was '06. i was using a fox float. 33% is where i was running my shock. i think the head angle was steeper by half a degree before '07.

have a look

mtbr member
    Jan 2011
    Ok I might be upgrading. Though will the bike ride better with 5.5 inch of travel up front and 5 in the back. Sorry for all the question first full suspension ..

Members who have read this thread: 0