Hydration Pack- Mtbr.com

Thread: Hydration Pack

mtbr member

Hydration Pack

Anyone here used the Dakine Session pack? I'd like some information on it, there didn't seem to be many reviews on it. If there are any others like it that you use, suggestions would be great!

mtbr member
    Dec 2008
    I have used the Dakine Session pack. It was alright, but the water bladder popped pretty dang easily.

mtbr member
    Jun 2009
    Just took delivery of my session today. I'll ride it tomorrow and give an update.

keeping it dirty
    I know I'm bringing a thread back from the dead, but doesn't Dakine use Hydrapak reservoirs, which are pretty good?

mtbr member
    idk, but i got a Camelbak Blowfish (100 oz), love it

Did I catch a niner+?
    I do not ride the Sessions but I do own a Drafter and a Apex and the packs are very well built and can hold a lot. The Apex can hold 3 100oz bladders if I finesse it right. I can carry lunch for 3 (I'm the mule on a SS no less) in it. I can probably carry just my lunch in the Drafter plus a lot more.
    Mr. Krabs: Is it true, Squidward? Is it hilarious?

mtbr member
    May 2010
    My next haydration pack will be 100 oz. or better. I have a 70 oz. camelback and it runs out of water way before I run out of trails. I still carry two bottles in addition to the hydration pack.

Ride'n Dirty
    I am currently riding with the Mule, I like it a lot as it holds everything I currently need to carry but I would like to upgrade it eventually to be able to carry more like a jacket or clean clothes???
    I HATE WORK, WORK IS BAD, WORK = NO BIKE, NO BIKE = NO GOOD.

mtbr member
    Oct 2009
    I like the Camelbak, but love the Lezyne, organizing all your tools well and the Androit have enough room to take some spare clothes.

meow meow
    i think hydrapack has far and away the best bladder system. just something to consider...

mtbr member
    May 2010
    Just as an alternative for anyone on the budget - I use Coleman hydration pack and I love it. I paid 35$ for it (Target) but it fits my needs great. It fits 2L of liquid and all the tools/accessories I might need (including P&S camera). Bladder don't hold this nasty plasticky aftertaste, and you can easily remove hose from the bladder if you want to replace/clean it (it is threaded w/ o-ring to prevent leaks). It never leaks (unless you don't screw the hose all the way), and has good quality material.
    So, if you don't feel like spending 100$ on a hydrapack, go to Target and get it.

Ride'n Dirty
    I dont think it much matters what one uses, as long as it suits your needs & holds water, its all good. I didnt even know of all these choices when I bought my first Camelbak back in the day.
    I HATE WORK, WORK IS BAD, WORK = NO BIKE, NO BIKE = NO GOOD.

Blue Pig
    Not sure if I am late to give advice but 2 months ago I bought the Dakine Drafter Pack and it's been nothing but a pleasure to ride with it on my back.

It has room for the following:

1.) Camera
    2.) 3L Bladder - I wasn't suppose to get the bladder. When I looked up the bladder and the price for it I was damn well happy with getting it for free!
    3.) Tools
    4.) Carries helmet - Road/mountain helmet or even full face helmets on the back.
    5.) Extra shirt
    6.) Two thin rags
    7.) Etrex Vista hcx gps - Has protective compartments for hand held gps devices, ipod/mp3, cell phone, or even your keys.

I got mine from ebags for $67 (sale - Bomber style) I think it was just my lucky day. If you look around you can find it for the same price or few dollars more.
    Ragley Blue Pig

mtbr member
    Camelbak HAWG, plenty of room and 100oz res.

mtbr member

Dakine bladders by Hydrapak

Quote Originally Posted by intoflatlines View Post
    I know I'm bringing a thread back from the dead, but doesn't Dakine use Hydrapak reservoirs, which are pretty good?
    Yes, currently Hydrapak partners as an OEM with Dakine and they provide their bladders to Dakine.

Previously Dakine used another brand's bladders (I can't remember the name at the moment) and I gather they had some issues.

mtbr member

CamelBak M.U.L.E.

I'm a fan of the CamelBak M.U.L.E. Check it out http://www.mtbiking.ca/camelbakmule.html

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by intoflatlines View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by solitone View Post
    Yes, currently Hydrapak partners as an OEM with Dakine and they provide their bladders to Dakine.

Previously Dakine used another brand's bladders (I can't remember the name at the moment) and I gather they had some issues.
    I reckon Dakine previously used reservoirs by Nalgene.

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    also looking for a hydration pack, subbed

boxcar
    love my dakine drafter and apex packs. had the apex for years, used daily, for trails and commuting, has held up flawlessly. just got a drafter pack a couple months ago for rides where I didn't want to use the big pack and it holds a lot still and fits perfectly!

mtbr member
    May 2011
    I ride with a Dakine Nomad. I've had it for about 10 years now. Still looks good, just replace the bladder every couple of years. It also hold a lo of extra stuff including a helmet full face or regular and is 3L.

mtbr member
    Dec 2010
    Fox's new hydration pack is pretty good and I should be a good judge of packs having used many different models. I would say its on par with camelbak if not a little tougher.

mtbr member
    May 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by wanderinginhel View Post
    Fox's new hydration pack is pretty good and I should be a good judge of packs having used many different models. I would say its on par with camelbak if not a little tougher.
    i really like the looks of the fox hydration pack too, but the nvis was what sold me on the camelback, specifically the mule.

Members who have read this thread: 0