helmet, urge enduro matic- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

helmet, urge enduro matic

Hi all,

it will be time for me to replaced my trusty Xen helmet. i'm tempted by the urge enduromatic.

so who's using the urge enduromatic yet?
    how do you like it?
    looking at the helmet, compared to my giro xen. the Urge makes me think that it must be hot...how is it really? does ther vent system works well?

thanks

mtbr member
    Nov 2010
    there's a few posts in the apparel and protection section:

short review of the lid -
    http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.php?t=678789

The Unaffiliated
    Oct 2009
    I am sad that the Xen is going away after this year... best helmet ever. The "Xar" that is replacing it might be technologically superior, but it isn't nearly as good looking, in my opinion.

As for the Urge, I ride mostly in West Texas and New Mexico and I just don't see those puny little vents cutting it for airflow except maybe during the winter months. When it comes time to replace my Xen I will look at the new Xar and probably the Specialized Vice and Fox Flux. For my needs the airflow through the helmet is probably the most important factor relating to ride comfort, just so long as it doesn't squeeze my head funny and have weird pressure points.
    Last edited by thrasher_s; 03-08-2011 at 10:12 AM.

mtbr member
    Had mine for a while now, it fits great, looks great (no more massive mushroom head helmets) seems cooler so far (than my Met Parachute - no chain guard) but yet to test it in summer.

mtbr member
    Dec 2007
    haven't used it in the summer so can't tell, but autumn ride no problem. i really love it cos it's really light and looks so nice! just love to put it on my head, damn i even love to just look at it sitting next to my bike at my home!

Members who have read this thread: 0