Fisher Wahoo, Fisher Bitter or Scott Reflex 20- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Feb 2012

Fisher Wahoo, Fisher Bitter or Scott Reflex 20

Okay guys I need your help... I'm just getting into biking again... I raced BMX as a kid, but never really got into mountain biking. I have borrowed a friends spare bike a few times lately and am loving the hell out of it ... I'm 30 now and figure All Mountain will be about my speed... I'm between these three bikes as a first timer via Craigslist... I'm 6'0" 200 lbs.. The GF Bitter is a 17.5 for $300 The GF Wahoo and Scott Reflex are both 19" and $350... all are 3-4 yrs old, but in good condition... I don't plan on doing anything too crazy... singletrack... small drops/jumps.. maybe a little easy downhill... and will probably use it as a commuter and longer rides as well every now and then... but I definitely plan to ride pretty hard... What do you think is the best bike to start out on and upgrade? Thanks for your help!

mtbr member
    Jan 2012
    I'm only 5'9" and I have a 17.5" wahoo. I think it's just a tad small even for me so you should probably throw out that idea right away.

I'm also new and love my wahoo. I do about what you said you would with mine. My only gripe was the shock being too stiff, fast on the rebound side. But your heavier than I, so you might like it.

mtbr member
    Feb 2012
    Thanks for the feedback... The 17.5 is the GF Bitter which I've read is a little beefier frame... The Wahoo is a 19"... Do the stock components on the Wahoo hold up good? I've read that the brakes have to constantly be adjusted during and after hard rides... and that they have a tendency to ghost shift... any problems there?

mtbr member
    Jan 2012
    Yeah my brakes are a pita. I only adjust them before each ride. Takes all of 2 min.

Shifting is smooth. Just keep the cables clean

mtbr member
    Feb 2012
    Had a wahoo before my fuel, I would switch out the cranks and forks for something lighter and more high end and you'll be all set.

Members who have read this thread: 0