Fezzari Abajo Peak Seat- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Jun 2020

Fezzari Abajo Peak Seat

I just received the subject bike yesterday and the frame interferes with dismounting forward of the seat . . ouch! I removed the Fezzari installed seat and installed one of those wide snub-nosed "comfort" seats from another bike and it largely solves the problem since the distance between the seat nose and frame top-tube are increased. I was wondering if there were any recommendations the forum members might have for a high quality snub nosed seat with stainless or alloy rails. Thanks for any recommendations.

mtbr member
    Jun 2019
    Look for ďenduroĒ saddles from different companies. I know ergonomic makes an enduro specific saddle. They are shorter overall than conventional mountain saddles.

mtbr member
    Jun 2020
    Quote Originally Posted by BujiBiker View Post
    Look for ďenduroĒ saddles from different companies. I know ergonomic makes an enduro specific saddle. They are shorter overall than conventional mountain saddles.
    Thanks for your tip! I settled on the ISM PR1.0 and found ISM to be very helpful in recommending a saddle. The nose is much shorter and should solve the forward dismount problem. It is due tomorrow and I will let you know how it works out. Thanks again.

mtbr member
    Jun 2019
    Good deal. I have an abajo peak as well. I was saddle sore as well. I tried the wtb saddle guide. The abajo shipped with a size small. Apparently I need a medium width. Length is okay, I just need a wider saddle.

Being as I can barely get out of the saddle, due to surgery I sympathize.

mtbr member
    Jun 2020

Great ISM PR1.0 Seat

When I got this tiny seat yesterday my 1st thought was that there was no way it would be comfortable. Was I ever wrong! I went for an 11 mile ride yesterday and found it to be far more comfortable than any seat I have owned. I played with the position a little and it got even better on a 9 mile ride today without the padded bike pants I normally wear. I live in FL and replacing the bike pants with normal underwear makes things much cooler. The long nose on my previous bike seat caused me to bang into the sloped top frame bar when dismounting forward. and this seat eliminates that problem completely. I can't believe how good this seat is and will report back if something disappointing shows up.
    Last edited by BobAB; 07-18-2020 at 08:22 PM.

mtbr member
    Jun 2019
    Iím looking at saddles too. The volt sport just isnít wide enough. Iím looking for saddles in the mid 150 mm range for width. The length for me isnít an issue.

mtbr member
    Jun 2020
    Iím looking at saddles too. The volt sport just isnít wide enough. Iím looking for saddles in the mid 150 mm range for width. The length for me isnít an issue.
    Have you measured your sit bone width? Also, ISM explained to me that your sit bones essentially narrow as you lean forward. I never realized how complicated bike fitting can be. ISM also makes some fairly wide "comfort seats". They have a complete set of all dimensions on their web site at: https://ismseat.com/help/saddle-dimensions/

I think the PR3.0 is the widest at 145mm. There is definitely a positioning sweet spot with the ISM saddles though.

mtbr member
    Jun 2019
    Using wtbís seat calculator i need a a mid 150ís mm width.

mtbr member
    Jun 2020
    Using wtbís seat calculator i need a a mid 150ís mm width.
    I took a look at the wtb calculator. That is interesting! There must be other relationships such as wrist size that relate to saddle dimensions. Based on my sit bone dimensions, I needed a wider saddle than I got from ISM. I did 25 miles today and started to get a little sore, but my padded bicycling shorts offer no advantage on my ISM saddle. ISM explained to me that the width of your sit bone varies as you rotate forward since it narrows.

On another note, my Abjo Peak saddle post keeps slipping slightly into the frame when I hit bumps and I have adjusted the clamp tightness and cleaned the frame interior and post to no avail. Have you had any such problems? I weigh 185Lbs. Thanks for any inputs on that.

mtbr member
    Jun 2019
    No Iím fat, 220 with my camelback on. I did have the seat clamp a little loose on my dropper and the post would turn a little. Tightened it up and everything is good.

Do you have a dropper or fixed? Either way it sounds like you need to tighten the mounting bolts a little bit.

mtbr member
    Jun 2020
    No Iím fat, 220 with my camelback on. I did have the seat clamp a little loose on my dropper and the post would turn a little. Tightened it up and everything is good.

Do you have a dropper or fixed? Either way it sounds like you need to tighten the mounting bolts a little bit.
    Thanks for your experience. I have a fixed post. I tightened the clamp as much as I could without breaking something. I have some friction paste on the way that should solve the problem. My problem might have something to do with my specific frame/post dimensions.

mtbr member
    Jun 2020
    I came across this seat article and though it might be of interest:

https://jimlangley.net/crank/bicycle...n%20and%20men.