Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Fezzari?

mtbr member
    Aug 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by MTBEU View Post
    I got some matte frame protection from a local clear bra franchise. They just gave me scraps and I installed myself. You canít even tell itís on it.

Iíve seen gloss clear bra on it and you can tell a little more, but still looks great.

I always recommend doing frame protection.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Right on, thanks! I talked to Fezzari when I ordered mine. The stuff they use is gloss. I just ordered a grey one with the deluxe kit so it will be installed when I get it.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    Feb 2010
    What do you guys think the best color combo is? I am thinking either cement (grey) with red fork or olive with black fork... On one hand I don't mind the red fork but I am thinking in terms of resale value further down the road, having a red fork might not be the best idea. I think you can request the black lowers on the RS Lyrik if they have it in stock.

Has anyone seen these bikes in person that can comment on which color looks best in real life?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by bull_dozer View Post
    What do you guys think the best color combo is? I am thinking either cement (grey) with red fork or olive with black fork... On one hand I don't mind the red fork but I am thinking in terms of resale value further down the road, having a red fork might not be the best idea. I think you can request the black lowers on the RS Lyrik if they have it in stock.

Has anyone seen these bikes in person that can comment on which color looks best in real life?
    Iím a little biased... I kinda like my olive & red fork.

mtbr member

If youíre looking for best resale, itíll be factory fox every time.

mtbr member
    Feb 2010

Does the piggy back park of your shock smash the water bottle when the shock compresses?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by bull_dozer View Post
    Does the piggy back park of your shock smash the water bottle when the shock compresses?
    Nope. Not at all.

mtbr member
    Aug 2017
    Mine showed up Thursday! Getting ready to take it out for the first time this morning! Pretty stoked! I like it so far pedaling around the house. Time to go get it dirty.

mtbr member
    Does jamis make fezzari bikes?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by freebiker View Post
    Does jamis make fezzari bikes?
    Nope. Fezzari isnít affiliated with any other brand and manufacturers their own bikes.

dmo
    mtbr member
    Anyone able to compare the LSP to the SB130. Demoing isnt an option for me. Ive been leaning toward the La sal but was thinking of putting the 160 Lyrik i have on a SB130 and build it up as a heavy duty trail bike. (I have all the other parts sitting in a box). The one big factor is the SB is $1K more. I can think of alot i could do with that extra money.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by dmo View Post
    Anyone able to compare the LSP to the SB130. Demoing isnt an option for me. Ive been leaning toward the La sal but was thinking of putting the 160 Lyrik i have on a SB130 and build it up as a heavy duty trail bike. (I have all the other parts sitting in a box). The one big factor is the SB is $1K more. I can think of alot i could do with that extra money.

Iíve ridden the SB130 but not a lot. Theyíre fairly similar in terms of geo, youíre just getting more travel out back.

Downhill the La Sal blows it away if you ask me, not even close. Climbing is pretty comparable. Iíd get the la Sal all day over it.

dmo
    mtbr member
    Iíve ridden the SB130 but not a lot. Theyíre fairly similar in terms of geo, youíre just getting more travel out back.

Downhill the La Sal blows it away if you ask me, not even close. Climbing is pretty comparable. Iíd get the la Sal all day over it.

Even if youre mostly doing trail riding. Im concerned about pedalling efficiency on the La Sal

Either way, i need to sell my Rallon first...

mtbr member
    Oct 2016

Iíve spent a good two weeks of solid riding on the sb130 and it was great. Yeti has a way of making all their bikes feel 20mm deeper than they are out back. So itís actually really similar to the La Sal.

Iím of the mindset that certain people get along with certain bikes better than others might - and I got along with the LSP much better than the 130. Both climbing and descending.

That was the biggest surprise for me on the LSP - how well it climbs (loads better than my Rallon). Not sure why honestly.

I had a friend tell me that heíll never buy another bike that requires a climb switch. I didnít understand that. The SB platform is obviously a more sophisticated suspension platform and I never felt the need to flip the switch. But the LSP with the climb switch engaged climbed better IMO and is loads more active on the DH.

Just my opinion and everyone is different. Hard to go wrong these days.

Hereís a link to a video of the La Sal and 130 in action

https://www.instagram.com/p/BonCrj0h...d=xpc8qyfhqrve

mtbr member
    Even if youre mostly doing trail riding. Im concerned about pedalling efficiency on the La Sal

Either way, i need to sell my Rallon first...

I think youíll be pretty shocked how well the La Sal climbs.

dmo
    mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by ninguno View Post
    Iíve spent a good two weeks of solid riding on the sb130 and it was great. Yeti has a way of making all their bikes feel 20mm deeper than they are out back. So itís actually really similar to the La Sal.

Iím of the mindset that certain people get along with certain bikes better than others might - and I got along with the LSP much better than the 130. Both climbing and descending.

That was the biggest surprise for me on the LSP - how well it climbs (loads better than my Rallon). Not sure why honestly.

I had a friend tell me that heíll never buy another bike that requires a climb switch. I didnít understand that. The SB platform is obviously a more sophisticated suspension platform and I never felt the need to flip the switch. But the LSP with the climb switch engaged climbed better IMO and is loads more active on the DH.

Just my opinion and everyone is different. Hard to go wrong these days.

Hereís a link to a video of the La Sal and 130 in action

https://www.instagram.com/p/BonCrj0h...d=xpc8qyfhqrve

Are describing clkmbing when using the climb switch? How does the La Sal climb with the shock fully open? I never use climb switches

mtbr member
    Are describing clkmbing when using the climb switch? How does the La Sal climb with the shock fully open? I never use climb switches

I never touch the climb switch unless Iím climbing a road or something.

mtbr member
    Oct 2016

Climbs great either way, I love climb switches haha

mtbr member
    Aug 2017
    I think youíll be pretty shocked how well the La Sal climbs.

I agree, it climbs just as well as my 2018 Trance with the maestro vpp. Maybe even a little better, as I think the La Sal has better traction. I was concerned it would be to much bike for my normal local riding spot being 2" longer than my Trance. I just got done at that spot and did about 10 miles out there. It's a more cross country up and down type trail system with tight corners, trees, rocks and roots everywhere. I didn't feel it was any more work than the Trance. I think they have really hit a sweet spot on the geometry and suspension on this bike. It does everything very well so far.

Edit- just saw posts about the climb switch. I'm running mine full open. I don't like switching it. I forget about it and forget to open it back up for the downs. No issues leaving it open. It pedals well.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12