mtbr member
    Aug 2014

Evil Calling vs Pivot mach 5.5

I tried posting this in the Pivot forum but not much response. Has anyone ridden or owned both? I'm really curious how they compare. I demoed the 5.5 briefly but not much climbing involved. Sounds like it's a bit sluggish on the ups, though. I'm wondering how the Evil compares, not only climbing (techy stuff too), but pedaling efficiency on flatter stuff and poppy/playfulness, yada yada in comparison. Thanks

mtbr member
    Aug 2010
    I have the pivot 5.5 and an evil wreckoning so not exactly the what u r asking but close. Both bike are awesome plush on the DH rough stuff. I think the wreckoning almost climbs better also, but both are pretty mushy (need to use the shock lever on long climbs). If I only had one ? Wreckoning. If I rode more tight trails or jumpy stuff? Pivot 5.5. I also have a Ripmo and it is a even better climber but the wreckoning still descends beter...

ZEN RIDER!
    Evil you can buy a frame only and spec it out your self for much less if you are willing to spend the time.
    I've owned and ridden Pivots for years. Build quality is superb.
    That being said I went with the Calling. The delta link has a very neutral feel(as in you don't notice the shock while riding, unlike DW link and VPP) with excellent mid travel support and a bottomless quality. The delta link also sits low in the frame so the bike has an incredibly centered and low center of gravity.
    The Calling and Evil bikes in general just have a unique feel to them. Plus I liked the Callings geo better, even though they are very similar/close.

this comparison is pretty good
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uw9GHy_Wbm0&t=6s
    Life in every breath

mtbr member
    Dec 2018
    Evil calling is one of my best bicycle For the last 2 years I've been riding an Evil calling which was by far the most fun and capable bike I've ever ridden. https://payforresearchpaper.com