Easton Haven riser sweep- Mtbr.com
    May contain nuts

Easton Haven riser sweep

Looking for a fairly straight bar rather than a big back sweep. Haven is supposed to have 5 up, 9 back. A lot of bars seem to be way different to the quoted sweep. Is the Haven like that or is 9 back about right?

mtbr member
    you're absolutely right. I own Renthal 780mm (38 rise 7/5 sweep) and it's absolutely different than Boobar 780mm, 30mm rise at 7/5. Don't know about Haven. Maybe the best option to not mess with sweeps is to get flatbar and rotate it like you want, like Syntace answered to my mail:
    "It is true that there are two different options for backsweep. 12 and 8. We measure the backsweep when the grip area is leveled horizontal. If the handlebar is adjusted horizontal there is no upsweep. But we recommend to rotate the bar a little to the front that the end of the bars get more uprise. If you do this, it will decrease the backsweep by 1-3 degrees and you get a little more uprise."
    In that case rotating the bar wouldn't shift grips closer/farther from you, but you must have corresponding stem.

May contain nuts
    Cheers - I seem to be building an expensive collection of bars in my quest, and the Haven is quite cheap in comparison so might be worth a look...

Members who have read this thread: 0