mtbr member
    Dec 2006

Dartmoor Blackbird? (Vs. banshee rune)

I am looking to get a new frame this year. Key points: alloy, ~160 mm travel, ~65 ha, enough free seat tube for long travel dropper, threaded B.B., ~405 mm reach. Had it narrowed down to banshee rune or the new rm altitude (hard to find the alloy frame-only tho). Then I came across the Dartmoor Blackbird, very intriguing...price is unbeatable (Iím on a budget) and geo, travel, weight, and even how it looks is spot on, and they just started distributing here in the u.s. Single pivot as opposed to multi link, but as long as itís plush with good small bump sensitivity on the dh and still climbs well thatís fine. Looks kinda under built at the B.B. area but hard to tell from a pic. Very hard to glean info on it online so any feedback from anyone here on how it rides and itís durability and warranty and a comparison to the rune would be great.
    Also if it has a threaded bottom bracket. Thanks!
    '18 banshee rune

mtbr member
    Jul 2018
    Bumping this up because Iím deciding between these exact two frames (Blackbird/Rune) for an enduro/bike park build. Any one tried either of these yet?

mtbr member
    Dec 2006
    I ended up with a rune because dartmoor said no more size small would be available till next spring or so. The rune is a fantastic bike. Climbs really good. Somehow the suspension is poppy and playful when u want it to be yet also plows through the rough. no regrets except I prefer a full length seat tube like the blackbird, which Iím sure is a killer bike too.