clipless shoes- Mtbr.com

Thread: clipless shoes

mtbr member
    Feb 2011

clipless shoes

hey guys i recently purchased some shimano SPD shoes and i have ridden them about 6 times but i just dont think its my thing, i dont feel one 100% comfortable in them maybe just my skill level lol,
    but was thinking should i actually keep the shoes for some reason down the track or are shoes easy to sell 2nd hand they are in great condition but im not sure how hard shoes are to sell.

b a n n e d
    What is it you don't like? Is it actually the comfort of the shoe itself, or is it the comfort with the clipless pedal system?

FWIW, I see used bike shoes for sale on a regular basis on CL, etc.

meow meow
    what model? you may as well hang on to them, second hand shoes dont have too much value.

mtbr member
    Feb 2011
    no 007 i totally agree they are damn comfortable which is what sold me on them in the first place its just im not sure quite what it is but i just dont feel quite comfortable being attached to the bike its weird i have so much more control over it yet at the same time i dont feel quite right hahaha,

i was going to buy some platforms soon, do you guys ever really switch between pedals or do you guys just have multiple bikes for different purposes ?

College Boy
    It just takes time to get use to riding clipless. Keep at it and you will grow to love it.

b a n n e d
    I would echo the comments others have made . . . getting used to any change on a bike set-up (in my opinion) takes at least a month of trying it before you really "know" if it will work or not, clipless pedals included.

Obviously its up to you, but 6 rides may not be enough to give them a fair chance. I was a LOOOONG time flats rider and recently switched to SPD's. I hated them at first, but now that I have grown accustomed to them, its second nature.

Members who have read this thread: 0