mtbr member
    Oct 2014

Can't decide - Trek Remedy 9.8 or Norco Site C2

was really leaning towards the Trek Remedy 9.8 when it comes out (this is the bike shown on the Australia site)
    https://www.trekbikes.com/au/en_AU/b...colorCode=grey

But then remembered the Norco Sight
    https://www.norco.com/bikes/mountain...rbon/sight-c2/

I have heard nothing but great things about both bikes.

My goals: Something that climbs, and I can whip around on the way down. Handles everything from XC single track to something I would find in Colorado on our bike trips.

mtbr member
    Oct 2014
    no one?

mtbr member
    Orbea rallon.

100% PRIME ALBERTA BEEF
    http://forums.mtbr.com/29er-bikes/he...r-1085175.html

I stand by what I said in my posts regarding the Sight. Just got back from an evening blast. I think I have been on it now for the last 17 of 19 days. Or something. That bike is killer. Good luck finding one though.

mtbr member
    Oct 2014
    They sold out everywhere?

mtbr member
    Oct 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by One Pivot View Post
    Orbea rallon.
    Ya, was wanting to move to 27.5. Currently on the 29.
    You haev the Orbea?

mtbr member
    Hmmm... the 29 less travel V 27.5 more travel battle.

That really comes down to your personal preference and trail types. Here's what i wrote in another thread that has some relevance here.

29ers are pretty much faster on easy track and straight chunky stuff, both up and down. But 29 is slower to turn and the tighter and steeper the single track the worse they go.

So open wide fast 29er, tight twisty steep 27.5. In between theres a huge grey area that both designs rock and it comes down to preference and your local trail mix.

As for more or less travel. That will depend on the max gnar you want to ride and how tech your local trails are.
    120mm will be more snappy and fun on the easy stuff, but it will be challenging when it gets steap and tech.150mm gives you a good alround bike that can handle most trails.
    170mm has a lot of squish it will eat big lines up for breakfast. Infact they will be more capable than a 2004 dh bike. 170mm won't be as snappy on the easy stuff. To some degree it will make easy trails a bit dull.

If I was you I would ask myself what do I enjoy to ride the most?

Steep, tech, gnarly? 27.5 160+mm
    Twisty, tight not crazy gnarly buy some good chunk. 27.5 150mm.
    Chunky straighter faster. 29 150mm
    Flowing single track, open 29 120mm
    Flowing single track tight 27.5 120mm.

100% PRIME ALBERTA BEEF
    FWIW, I am coming off a 2015 27.5 160/160 Norco Range that I got down to 27.5 lbs, with a DHF/DHR2 combo. I am now on a 140/130 2018 29er Norco Sight, also with a DHF/DHR2 combo (and a Factory 36 and DPX2). Maybe itís a case of Fox > RockShox. Not sure. Whatever it is, I would choose my Sight over my Range for ANY terrain in my neck of the woods. It corners WAY better than the Range (especially in tight stuff) and I can dance through the gnar, or straightline through it with zero fks given. I did not enter the fun zone on the Range until I was somewhere near Mach 5. Any slower and it felt like a 1970s Caddy - completely detached from the terrain. Even at Mach 5 it was largely numb. My Sight is alive at slower speeds, popping off whatever is in sight. But it can also mob through whatever I want, at the same speeds as my Range.

After demoing bikes for 2 weeks straight and being on a bit of a personal journey gearwise for the past 5 or so years, I think I have finally landed on what I believe is the perfect combination FOR ME. Mid travel 29er, and 2.3 Minions. Never been happier in 25 years of biking.

That said, and despite all the complaining about changing standards and other things, we are all very fortunate to live in a time where we are able to choose one of countless options available, any of which will put a huge smile on our face. There are so many great bikes out there right now. 29, 27.5, short, mid or long travel.

Needless to say, demoing is key. On real trails. Not the parking lot at the LBS. My cup of tea may not be yours. It probably isnít.