Buying a new bike- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Sep 2019

Buying a new bike

Could anyone tell me if there are any good sites for picking up mountain bikes for a good price,new bikes but older models,I'm sure I used to see them in magazines many years ago where some traders had models that were a few years old and possibly they had bought remainders and you could save hundreds of pounds,does anyone still do that.

And could anyone advise what group sets to go for to have a better quality bike,not that I wasnt an expensive bike but I would want to avoid the cheap entry level equipment,also what brakes?People used to say go for Deore as a mimimum,is that even still a range?
    I would be looking for a discounted bike from £300 to £550

mtbr member
    Iím not aware of any outlets as you describe. Most good bike companies build in moderate quantity and any inventory at end of season is cleared quickly with discounts. There are quite a few good bikes available in the UK in this range as shown in the buyers guide link below. Deore or better remains the bar for decent componentry.

https://www.bikeradar.com/advice/buy...kes-under-500/

mtbr member
    I join to lucas499472's question, because I'm also looking for a bike, but as it's not a critical issue for me, I have plenty of time for thinking. That's why I decided to ask some questions on forums like this.

mtbr member
    Dec 2014
    According to my research on this site Shimano XT groupset is a good balance of price and quality.

mtbr member
    Sep 2010
    Evo, Jenson and Competitive Cyclist have last year (maybe 2 year old) leftovers. Manufacturer sites will have them too (Intense, Transition). Check the listings on Pinkbike. You will find dealers on there that have leftover models and sometimes selling their demo fleet. I would narrow down the bike you are wanting then hunt for it. I did the same thing. Cold called bike shops in other states and just asked them what kind of deal they could throw me. Ended up being able to get 20% off of a brand new bike shipped to my door.
    ???
    2019 Trek Remedy
    2014 Trek Remedy 8 29er
    2011 Trek Scratch Air 8
    2011 Reign 2
    2008 p.2