Bronson V1 linkage bearing caps- Mtbr.com
    Jethro NZ
    May 2020

Bronson V1 linkage bearing caps

hey there looking for a bit of advice for an older bronson. It has warn out the linkage bearing caps
    And can't get rid of the play.

I can't seem to find anywhere to purchase these. Has anyone struck this before and found a place orr..

are these used on any other model?

Cheers for any help

Oh and if im in the wrong section please send me that way im pretty new here

WillWorkForTrail
    Just contact Santa Cruz.

Jethro NZ
    May 2020
    Cheers. Its my mates bike and presumably he has tried them

Single Track Mind
    Yeah, Santa Cruz isn't much help these days. Their web-store has been "down for maintenance" pretty much all year.

Jethro NZ
    May 2020
    Right well the dealers here in NZ are useless too not replying to emails and generally don't want to know. The main dealer here now is effectively an online box store and not interested in parts for an old bike. It seems Santa cruz has well and truly sold out and now might as well buy a giant. Infact they would rather sell you a giant over here

mtbr member
    Dont the outer caps do buggar all and the inner alloy spacers do all the bearing tensioning?

Photo's please.

mtbr member
    Jan 2012
    afaik they are same as the ones on the v1 5010 as well. Not that that helps you all that much. The tapered washer is held in with a screw that screws into outer part of the axle which I believe is to lock it in place. If the threads inside the axle are stripped then no way to lock in the axle. Just torque the axle and check it before/after every ride. pita but looks like going to have to wait to get through to SC. You know there is a world wide pandemic and CA is going through a surge right now. if you get a hold of a tap and die you may be able to clean the threads up or use slightly larger screw.
    2015 Santa Cruz 5010 C

Jethro NZ
    May 2020
    Well that's What I've been saying to him too but apparently not. Ive also been on his ass to get me some pictures lol ill harass him again. I know he's put new bearings in a number of times trying to stop it

Jethro NZ
    May 2020
    Quote Originally Posted by Jetta2010 View Post
    afaik they are same as the ones on the v1 5010 as well. Not that that helps you all that much. The tapered washer is held in with a screw that screws into outer part of the axle which I believe is to lock it in place. If the threads inside the axle are stripped then no way to lock in the axle. Just torque the axle and check it before/after every ride. pita but looks like going to have to wait to get through to SC. You know there is a world wide pandemic and CA is going through a surge right now. if you get a hold of a tap and die you may be able to clean the threads up or use slightly larger screw.
    Sorry didn't see this reply.

Good info there thank you. I don't think he has stripped it but then again I haven't swung the spanner myself so its possible