Any US Full Face XC helmets?- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Jun 2004

Any US Full Face XC helmets?

I use a full face Pryme AL when freeriding, but even though I love that helmet, it can be just a little much when riding trail or cross stuntry. I have found about the Met Parachute, and the Casco Viper, but those seem to only be available in Europe. Is anything available stateside that has just a little more face protection than a standard XC tpe helmet? Thanks

Yes, that's fonetic
    Urge. Expensive and still pretty hot for xc.

mtbr member
    Jan 2012
    Just use regular helmet. Thinking about full face

Ow!
    Is anything available stateside that has just a little more face protection than a standard XC tpe helmet?

Not that I have found, and I have searched. So I purchased a MET Parachute many years ago from an e-bay retailer (in GB). Since my current helmet is getting old, and in case I actually crash on it, I just purchased a second one from another e-bay retailer out of GB. They are very expensive, and do not seem to warrant the price. But they are the only XC FF helmet that I have found.

And they are a XC helmet for XC (or a little more intense) riding. They are not for FR or DH. When you have one in your hand, you see that it is a XC helmet with extra parts. One hit from a crash, and you should throw it away like you should for a regular XC lid.

I find that e-bay is the best place to get one--still expensive, but not as much as CRC or Wiggle (for example).

Axe
    Custom User Title
    Cratoni Shakedown.. Not a proper DH full-face, but some added protection is there. My daughter has Cratoni C-maniac.

Its some really minimal chin guard. It actually flexes. But should provide some additional protection for your dental work.

Just buy from chainreactioncycles. I get stuff from them in California faster than from many online shops on the east coast.

meow meow
    Quote Originally Posted by whodaphuck View Post
    Urge. Expensive and still pretty hot for xc.
    +1. as close as you will get in the states.

mtbr member
    I wear the 661 comp shifted, just because I end up with a whipped face and neck. It really is a good helmet but I would like some more vents it just gets so damn hot.

mtbr member
    May 2012
    TLD helmets are nice and fly racing makes nice ones too! I own both for racing my quad

Members who have read this thread: 0