mtbr member
    Oct 2018

Any help on my SRAM dt?

So Iíve ridden a deore xt for years on a 10 speed praxis works wide range cassette, it was originally the standard deore derailleur but it didnít shift right so I upgraded. No problems. I recently bought a t275c with a gx 11 (no eagle) and I love the gearing, but it shifts like garbage, Iíve had it in twice for adjustment and the high low is dialed, but I have to shift twice and back shift and by the time I do that, I want a different gear, itíll ghost shift or not get into gear smoothly, should I upgrade to a better derailleur, space my front chainring differently? Itís a 1x11 crank. Raceface aeffect crank with a raceface x type bb102 press fit and a race face steel n/w 32t ring. Any advice would be helpful. I donít want to have to upgrade my dt this soon.

mtbr member
    GX is capable of working well. If it isn't, something is wrong. The crank, chainring, or offset have no bearing on shifting. The things to check are the usual; chain length, B screw, hanger alignment, cable/routing issues. It is possible there is a problem with the RD. I've seen a damaged cable pulley at the rear of the derailleur, damaged/broken jockey wheels, bent cages, and a weak spring.
    Do the math.