Sep 2018
    What frame is that?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Rodg View Post
    What frame is that?
    Guerrilla Gravity Pedalhead

mtbr member
    Jun 2010
    First proper ride on the new Soul after it's shakedown last week. What a bike! By far the smoothest riding hardtail I've ridden, when standing it just sucks up small bumps incredibly well, especially given I'm running fairly skinny 2.35 Maxxis Forekasters.

The Revelation fork feels a bit harsh, definitely need to play around with that a bit. The Chromag bars also feel much less forgiving than my other pair. I bought a set of Cutlass's from Jenson on sale for my Whyte T130 last January and loved them, such a forgiving ride, but these new ones I got from CRC look identical but are a higher 25mm rise rather than 20mm and nowhere near as forgiving. Thinking I'll swap them over to try and get a bit more comfort for the front end of this, as over small bumps the front end of the bike was just killing my hands. Given I'm running the same grips, stem (admittedly in a shorter length), front wheel and tyre it must be down to the fork or bar, so will have a mess around and see if it is mainly down to the forks.

Aside from that though, the bike feels ace! I've only spent a decent amount of time on X01 Eagle, but the GX Eagle kit feels very good. Granted the shifter isn't as nice ergonomically as you can't adjust it like you can on X01, but otherwise shifting was really good. I do wish crank manufacturers would fit some kind of tape to their cranks though or come up with a more durable finish, the GX cranks are scuffed up already after just 1 ride, I only did 11 miles!

Everything else on the bike is a known quantity, as it's pretty much how I set up my T130, so could really focus on the new kit (frame & fork). The frame is awesome, geometry is almost perfect, a slightly steeper ST would be nice as it did feel like I needed to be more on the nose of the saddle on one really steep climb, but it corners like its on rails and as I say, by far the most comfortable HT frame I've ever ridden. If anyone is looking for a light-ish (mine is under 28lbs with pedals and could go lighter) trail HT that can be ridden and thrashed all day, initial impressions are that the Soul would be an excellent choice!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by lawman1991 View Post
    First proper ride on the new Soul after it's shakedown last week. What a bike! By far the smoothest riding hardtail I've ridden, when standing it just sucks up small bumps incredibly well, especially given I'm running fairly skinny 2.35 Maxxis Forekasters.

The Revelation fork feels a bit harsh, definitely need to play around with that a bit. The Chromag bars also feel much less forgiving than my other pair. I bought a set of Cutlass's from Jenson on sale for my Whyte T130 last January and loved them, such a forgiving ride, but these new ones I got from CRC look identical but are a higher 25mm rise rather than 20mm and nowhere near as forgiving. Thinking I'll swap them over to try and get a bit more comfort for the front end of this, as over small bumps the front end of the bike was just killing my hands. Given I'm running the same grips, stem (admittedly in a shorter length), front wheel and tyre it must be down to the fork or bar, so will have a mess around and see if it is mainly down to the forks.

Aside from that though, the bike feels ace! I've only spent a decent amount of time on X01 Eagle, but the GX Eagle kit feels very good. Granted the shifter isn't as nice ergonomically as you can't adjust it like you can on X01, but otherwise shifting was really good. I do wish crank manufacturers would fit some kind of tape to their cranks though or come up with a more durable finish, the GX cranks are scuffed up already after just 1 ride, I only did 11 miles!

Everything else on the bike is a known quantity, as it's pretty much how I set up my T130, so could really focus on the new kit (frame & fork). The frame is awesome, geometry is almost perfect, a slightly steeper ST would be nice as it did feel like I needed to be more on the nose of the saddle on one really steep climb, but it corners like its on rails and as I say, by far the most comfortable HT frame I've ever ridden. If anyone is looking for a light-ish (mine is under 28lbs with pedals and could go lighter) trail HT that can be ridden and thrashed all day, initial impressions are that the Soul would be an excellent choice!

Badass. I love my Soul too. Iíve got a Hope build with 130mm Pike and Nobby Nic 2.6 on Stanís Flow rims. The 2.6 tires are where itís at, I tell you. Next time Iíll probably do dual Rekon though and save some more rolling weight. Just under 27.5 pounds.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    Aug 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by FeedTheWolf View Post
    Badass. I love my Soul too. Iíve got a Hope build with 130mm Pike and Nobby Nic 2.6 on Stanís Flow rims. The 2.6 tires are where itís at, I tell you. Next time Iíll probably do dual Rekon though and save some more rolling weight. Just under 27.5 pounds.

Sweet bike , I like the purple theme

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    Did anyone meantion the Breezer Lightning 27.5+ Adventure. 2.8" meaty tire, good fork and available in the new 1x12 GX/NX drive train. Japanese steel heat treated after welding makes these very strong and lively. I love the lightning bikes and look forward to the new one when it come. I have a ton of miles on my 2012, and it's still a show stopper.

passed out in your garden
    Quote Originally Posted by TorinoBP88 View Post
    Did anyone meantion the Breezer Lightning 27.5+ Adventure. 2.8" meaty tire, good fork and available in the new 1x12 GX/NX drive train. Japanese steel heat treated after welding makes these very strong and lively. I love the lightning bikes and look forward to the new one when it come. I have a ton of miles on my 2012, and it's still a show stopper.
    pics or it didnt happen
    always mad and usually drunk......

mtbr member
    Feb 2017
    Nordest Bardino. It rips. up and downhill

Page 65 of 65 FirstFirst ... 15556162636465

Members who have read this thread: 590