Work Party Saturday Oct. 18th 1:00- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

Work Party Saturday Oct. 18th 1:00

Well, we had so much fun clearing the Intermediate Loop of deadfall last weekend that this Saturday we will tackle the Advanced Loop. Please bring a chainsaw if you have one. Hand saws and loppers will help tremendously also.

Meet at Prospect Heights Trailhead at 1:00 or walk down the Gasline to the 2nd trail entrance on the right. It is chained off and marked with a sign.

I'm hoping to open all the trails for winter use!

We want... a shrubbery!
    I'm scheduled to leave for Anchorage (from Tyonek area) this weekend -- weather dependent. If I do make it out to this, I don't think I'll have time to prep the ol' trusty chainsaw -- will you have tools available for people to use since I don't think I'll have time to get anything together (I've been gone for about 5 weeks)...
    waaahoooooooooooooooooo

Calvin : Ahhh, another bowl of Chocolate Frosted Sugar Bombs! The second bowl is always the best! The pleasure of my first bowl is diminished by the anticipation of future bowls and by the end of my third bowl, I usually feel sick.
    Hobbes : Maybe you shouldn't use chocolate milk.
    Calvin : I tried Cola, but the bubbles went up my nose.

Alaska Turner Mafia
    I walked the upper end of the North Advanced Loop yesterday, from the Gasline entrance up to the intersection with Upper Llama, and all blowdowns have been cut out. That section needs just a little touching up, but it'll go fast.

Not sure of the rest. Look forward to helping out again tomorrow.
    Deceleration Trauma is my middle name

Fatback
    The South side of the advanced loop might need work, as well as the trail down to the ski jumps. Finished clearing the North side of the advanced loop Wednesday.
    Speedway Cycles owner http://fatbackbikes.com

mtbr member
    cheers!!! Thanks everyone for the recon and help clearing the mayhem. My bikers can really pull together!

Jun 2008
    Just got back test riding my bike arounf hilltop area, thanks alot for clearing the paths!!!
    There looking great so far, ill try and be there 2morrow,
    However dont really have any tools!!

We want... a shrubbery!
    My flight just got changed -- looks like I'm departing Tyonek at noon, so I don't think I'll be able to make the clearing party...
    waaahoooooooooooooooooo

Calvin : Ahhh, another bowl of Chocolate Frosted Sugar Bombs! The second bowl is always the best! The pleasure of my first bowl is diminished by the anticipation of future bowls and by the end of my third bowl, I usually feel sick.
    Hobbes : Maybe you shouldn't use chocolate milk.
    Calvin : I tried Cola, but the bubbles went up my nose.

Members who have read this thread: 0