Winter rides in Mat-Su Valley?- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    May 2008

Winter rides in Mat-Su Valley?

Heading down to Palmer this weekend to visit some friends, and was wondering if anyone has suggestions for winter rides in the area. I have read about the Knik glacier ride, but I am wondering if things have frozen over enough down there to get to the glacier. I'm ok with walking through some water knowing that it's there. Any other awesome winter ride suggestions would be appreciated. Anything up to 40 miles r/t. Thanks!!

Julie

is buachail foighneach me
    You could do this ride as a fun out and back: http://akspokes.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1799

FatBike Fiend

Knik report

Still soft and mushy on the approach to the Knik Glacier due to recent snow /current warm spell. It may be good by the weekend if temps fall as predicted. We had a good stretch of cold weather prior to the warm spell so the river was well frozen. The ride is usually best done when we have had a warm spell followed by colder temps..

I have been mostly riding at the Moose Range trails off Palmer Fishhook near Hatcher Pass and the main trails are hard packed and fast. I suspect the Iditarod trail would be good as well if you want something longer.
    Owner, Trailwerx Trails Contracting
    Palmer, Alaska
    www.trailwerx.com

Members who have read this thread: 0