Who's riding the Soggy Bottom?- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Jan 2005

Who's riding the Soggy Bottom?

If any body needs a ride we will be leaving Anchorage around 6pm friday night. We are taking a 15 passenger van down and have room for 5 or 6 more riders. pm me if you want a ride.

mtbr member

Not me

Sadly, not riding this year - however I will be present - and available to help out - also have a reserved campsite in Porcupine campground I'll be happy to share with anyone who wants to drop in - my footprint is minimal, a two man tent and a toyota... seems it is space 13 or 14 - just around the corner from the Gull Rock trail head. See ya there!
    "I get a buzz from being cold and wet ~ the pleasure seems to balance out the pain" - Blue, Red and Grey The Who By Numbers

rio
    mtbr member
    Jan 2004

Hi Tony !

I'm wondering if you would be interested in being a Soggy photographer ?
    PM

Quote Originally Posted by Mesotony
    Sadly, not riding this year - however I will be present - and available to help out - also have a reserved campsite in Porcupine campground I'll be happy to share with anyone who wants to drop in - my footprint is minimal, a two man tent and a toyota... seems it is space 13 or 14 - just around the corner from the Gull Rock trail head. See ya there!

mtbr member
    Feb 2007

Carlos

I'm back from a month in the lower 48 and looking forward to helping out with the Soggy. Let me know what you need and where.
    --
    Curt Harris
    Anchorage, AK
    [email protected]

mtbr member
    Andy P says he's doing it if the weather is good...
    Ditto for D Matt if he has time to take care of all the roots before the race. Just joking

mtbr member
    Jan 2006
    Hart, Cahalane and McDuffie are planning to ride as well.

mtbr member
    Mark Davis should be out there. Jamey and Adam at Chain Reaction are threatening. Somebody should go by there and put the pressure on those pansies.
    Chuck from Seward should be out there.

I've been over Res a few times this last week and the trail is in great shape. Very little overgrowth to deal with. Very fast.

If you're thinking about doing the race you should just go for it. It's a great event, terrific trail to race.

mtbr member
    Jan 2006

Devil's and Res trail update 8-19

rode the south end of Res to Devils Pass yesterday. Trail crews had just finished brushing first 5 miles since my last visit 2 weeks ago. Significant improvement, especially first 3 miles from the trailhead. Devil's Pass alpine rock gardens are now all easily rideable due to trail upgrades. Additional brushing ongoing in the lower forest sections. Fast descent.

We finished the 77 mile loop by linking the Sterling Highway/Snug Harbor Road to Russian Lake trail which was way overgrown with grass, alder and cow parsnip above our heads unable to see our bikes, let alone the trail or the person ahead. It's good this trail isn't on the route this year. Lots of bears.

Caveman
    Quote Originally Posted by dhart
    We finished the 77 mile loop by linking the Sterling Highway/Snug Harbor Road to Russian Lake trail which was way overgrown with grass, alder and cow parsnip above our heads unable to see our bikes, let alone the trail or the person ahead. It's good this trail isn't on the route this year. Lots of bears.
    sweet, sounds like the inagural SB! change the route carlos!

Grillin' & Chillin'

Be There Or Be Square

"Broken Toe" Joe Pollock and I "Grill Meister" Kelly will be there. Those worrying about the weather, don't worry, we always have weather. It's just that no one knows what it will be from one hour to the next. See you out there.

Ski Monkee, you out there? You gonna be there?
    Grill Meister
    "There were never any good old days
    They are today, they are tomorrow
    "
    - Gogol Bordello

mtbr member
    Mar 2006
    Barring a tragic training accident, I will be there too, vying for the lantern.

Grillin' & Chillin'

Red Lantern

I think Carlos already has my name engraved on the Red Lantern, so you'll probably have to fight me for it. I think you'll have to break your chain about ten times for you to take the lantern.
    Grill Meister
    "There were never any good old days
    They are today, they are tomorrow
    "
    - Gogol Bordello

mtbr member
    Mar 2006
    I accept your challenge, sir!

mtbr member

and i expect ...

No word yet from veteran AkDeluxe.... and how 'bout Daveit?
    "I get a buzz from being cold and wet ~ the pleasure seems to balance out the pain" - Blue, Red and Grey The Who By Numbers

rio
    mtbr member
    Jan 2004

Ak who ?

I always make sure to schedule all current and future Frigid, Crusty and Sog Bot rides at the very same time when Ak ? is on vacation or has to work !

Quote Originally Posted by Mesotony
    No word yet from veteran AkDeluxe.... and how 'bout Daveit?

Members who have read this thread: 0