Where to downhill/Freeride?- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Nov 2006

Where to downhill/Freeride?

OK, my wife and I are coming to Alaska this summer to visit her uncle and I need to know where to ride? They live in Chugiak and I know nothing about Alaska, so if anyone can let me know where the best places to DH/Freeride are I'd appreciate it.

Plus, I'll need to know where to rent a bike since I have no plans to ship mine.

Thanks

Aug 2007
    Alyeska resort should have tram acess in Aug of 08, they will have a line of scott freeride bikes for your pleasure.

ThisseatmakemyA$$lookfat?
    aug. 08? were did you here this? i heard 2010, maybe. there are so many stories floatin' around... is D2 able to get back up and running at mt. alyeska again??? i the story i heard is that the guy that bought (USA owned again) mt. alyeska is a hard core mtber... and he was planing to open the mountain, but not until 2010... i hope you're right...
    aka: akfreeridemtber; brian_404
    Just get out and, RIDE!!!
    www.facebook.com/shagwn007

Bikes are good

Yeah, what is the word???

I spent a week in Whistler last summer, and I can't believe we don't have ground broken on something like that up here. They tried a few years ago, but had some trouble getting off the ground I think. (Japanese owners might not have been the biggest downhillers.) Alyeska has potential for some incredible stuff. As far as in town dude coming in this summer, it's hike a bike if you want some real downhill. Dome, Wolverine Peak, Near Point, Peak 2/3, ball park. Don't tell anyone I told you that, no riding on a few of those.

ThisseatmakemyA$$lookfat?
    i hear ya... i have been asking myself the same thing for years... we have almost the same type of mountain terrain that Whistler/Black Comb has, but... it's puzzling... but your right, it's hike it and bike it... don't forget about shuttle runs. even hilltop would be a fun place to setup and ride... Whistler/Black Comb is a mtb meca...
    aka: akfreeridemtber; brian_404
    Just get out and, RIDE!!!
    www.facebook.com/shagwn007

Members who have read this thread: 0