Wednesday Cranksgiving Social Ride- Mtbr.com
    Diaskeuast

Wednesday Cranksgiving Social Ride

It's time for a social ride at night with no racing allowed. Fat bikes, studded bikes, bring whatever ya got. We'll keep the trail wide and easy so everyone can ride. Charge up your lights and load the flasks.

Ride starts at 7 p.m. in front of the Trail Watch building (the former police substation) at Westchester Lagoon and rolls up the TKCT to the Kincaid Chalet and then back to the lagoon. Possible side trip to downtown, Goose Lake, etc., for anyone who wants to keep riding.

In the event of crappy weather, watch this thread for updates.

Diaskeuast
    Just a reminder about tonight's social ride. Looks like a good night for big, soft tires.

Fat!Drunk!Slow!
    Looks windy and warm out there, wish I could make it!

Jul 2006

A few pictures

for those who missed it!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Jul 2006
    And a couple more.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Fat!Drunk!Slow!
    Looks like everyone had a great time, love the cmas lights. Happy Turkey Day!

Diaskeuast
    Great photos, Manny. Thanks.

And thanks to everyone who showed up despite these nasty breakup conditions. Slush and warm winds weren't exactly a recipe for a good winter ride, but happy riders and silly lights made up for the weather.

This was my 13-year-old daughter's first winter ride, and when we arrived at the parking lot she questioned whether anyone else would show up. I'm glad a few fun-hogs set a good example for her. She already wants to go again, so thanks for helping me as I gradually indoctrinate her into the cult!

Grillin' & Chillin'
    Quote Originally Posted by timwoody
    Great photos, Manny. Thanks.

And thanks to everyone who showed up despite these nasty breakup conditions. Slush and warm winds weren't exactly a recipe for a good winter ride, but happy riders and silly lights made up for the weather.

This was my 13-year-old daughter's first winter ride, and when we arrived at the parking lot she questioned whether anyone else would show up. I'm glad a few fun-hogs set a good example for her. She already wants to go again, so thanks for helping me as I gradually indoctrinate her into the cult!
    It was great to meet your daughter last night. I've always said that if you're going to get abducted by a cult, the CWC (the Cult of Winter Cycling) is the best choice. Most other cults don't have any fun.
    Grill Meister
    "There were never any good old days
    They are today, they are tomorrow
    "
    - Gogol Bordello

One of the Crazies
    Even though conditions weren't great it was a fun time.

Tim your daughter did a great job!

I was great meeting everyone. I need to do another ride.... I ate WAY to much yesterday.

Members who have read this thread: 0