Warm Hospitality at Pt. Mackenzie Gen. Store- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

Warm Hospitality at Pt. Mackenzie Gen. Store

For all of you who will be heading out to the new start of the Susitna 50km and 100 mi. races for some trail recon, be sure to stop in at the Point Mackenzie General Store and Cafe post ride/run/ski to warm yourself up and feast on a hearty breakfast or lunch.

After our chilly ride on Sunday Ak29 and I hung out for a great meal, nice conversation and a welcome attitude from our gracious hosts, Jeff and Julie Wendt. They are excited about their new role as the starting line this year.

It was very cold and a bit windy on Sunday, but gorgeous out there. As AK29 said in another post, the trail from Pt. Mackenzie to Flathorn which will be the return portion of this year's route should be good for travel. We need another dump of snow for the snowmachines to pack in the narrower trails.

QB

Wood chips are stupid

Nice guy

I was in there in the morning getting a cup of tea. The man behind the counter was very nice. He seemed excited to be part of the Susitna100. Without people like that,races like the S100 would never happen.

akdeluxe
    "Trust me,you don't want a big baby."

JT

Members who have read this thread: 0