Virgin resurrection riders need advice- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    May 2006

Virgin resurrection riders need advice

From a simple elevation perspective, it seems as though out-of-shape riders who prefer riding down to up would choose to start the resurrection trail at Cooper Landing and end in Hope, BUT the couple of posts i've seen around suggest the opposite. So, great guro's of the ak forum, which is more fun and the least work?

is 8 hours enough time to plan on [we're not in that bad of shape, it's more a general choice of drinking beer on the couch than going to a spinning class like the shaver's out there]?

Can anybody compare this trail to Comfortably Numb in Whistler? [it kicked my ass earlier this summer]

all other advice and recommendations appreciated.

DM

Bikes are good

Opinions

People will have their own take, but here is mine. Starting at Cooper is less work, and more fun. Probably equal work really, but the ride into the Hope side is more fun, continuous down than riding into Cooper. Riding into Cooper is fun too, and so I suggest starting at the bar in Hope, riding to Cooper, turning around and taking a short detour down and back up devil's, and then back to Hope. Only then will you truly know the sh"#)(*ty parts of that trail, and the most fun ones. IMO, Cooper to Hope.
    "Having lack of self-preservation makes biking more fun."

Diaskeuast
    I recommend riding from Hope to Cooper Landing, simply because the Hope end has more short, steep climbs out of drainages, and I find that easier to face early in the ride.

Also, when you break out of the trees and approach the pass, the view in front of you is one of the best parts of the ride. Eight hours should be plenty, but make sure you have enough food and water. If you carry a purifier, you can travel a bit lighter and take water from numerous streams along the way.
    Enjoying the meaningful pursuit of meaningless fun.

Bikes are good

Yeah see...

I even agree with that. Hope is the longer of the two sides. The first time I rode this thing it was in a downpour, I had a cotton t-shirt, sweatshirt, 1 water bottle, no gear to fix anything, and 8-9 hours. The climb up from Cooper killed me, and the trail to Hope never ended. Drainage after drainage, bridge (inspired energy because I thought it was the end) and 7 more miles of trail. Good point Karma, get that side out of the way and then its a relatively easy out to Cooper. Just not as fun as going to Hope I guess as the down isn't as good. Good luck dudes. Post back with your thoughts on your first journey.
    "Having lack of self-preservation makes biking more fun."

Members who have read this thread: 0