Upgrading my Specialized- Mtbr.com

Sep 2008

Upgrading my Specialized

Last summer I bought my first full suspension bike, the Specialized XC comp. For those of you who are unfamiliar with this bike, it is Specializes starter full suspension bike. It includes a...

Rock Shox Tora FRONT SHOCK - 4 inches
    X-Fusion REAR SHOCK - 4 inches
    Shimano LX Deore components
    Stroker Hydraulic disk brakes

I was thinking about first switching the FRONT SHOCK with a Fox Vanilla and the REAR SHOCK with a Fox Van R. After this I would eventually upgrade the brakes and components in that order.

Does anybody have any ideas of what would be the best way to upgrade this bike and in what order? Thanks.

Bikes are good

Some might say...

save the $$$ you will spend upgrading. (1000 or more in this case), and each other time you feel like upgrading to buy a new bike. Buying high ticket items like a new fork, rear suspension system gets to be expensive when you do it a la carte. IE, how much was the bike you have now. What's the difference of that and your proposed upgrades.

Sep 2008

I feel specialized

Thanks, You da man!

mtbr member
    Jul 2006

Upgrade

Ya i agree the money that you would spend on upgrading is not worth it. You would get way more bang for your buck if you sold the XC and upgraded to a something like a stumpjumper comp because that already has all fox and nicer brakes. plus you gain a better suspension linkage design and a bike that is going to be an all around better ride and more versatile.

Members who have read this thread: 0